“Beautiful slice of paradise” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Villa   |   10 Brick Bay | Roatan, Bay Islands, 31101, Honduras   |
Ranked #8 of 44 Specialty Lodging in Roatan
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Biloxi MS
“Beautiful slice of paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I, along with 3 other couples from the Norwegian Star shared Club Natale on Feb. 7, 2013. It was our private resort, and it was magnificent. Joe Natale is a very gracious host. The staff is excellent, the view is magnificent, the beach is secluded. This was our 17th cruise, and I really hate to share this secret, but I want Club Natale to succeed. This is a beautiful, peaceful, out-of -the way- place.

Room Tip: We purchased a day pass and did not spend the night.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Milton, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

My family and I (my husband & daughter 12) just returned from a 7 day stay at this condo and have to say it was nothing less than excellent! The condo itself was very large, clean and would easily sleep 8 to 10 people. Condo had everything we needed. The road leading up to the complex took us a little bit by surprised as it was quite bumpy and rough, however, the drive was worth it. The view from the condo was absolutely beautiful and the constant breeze coming off the water was wonderful and eliminated the need for air-conditioning most of the time. I was pleasantly surprised to find a masseuse on the beach and enjoyed one of the best massages I think I have ever had. Angelo the bartender and Joesph Natal were extremely helpful and very nice!! The food and drinks in the bar/restaurant were surprisingly good and reasonably priced. The pool and beach were never busy. The condo is located in a quieter part of the island but not too far from anything including West End & West Bay. If you plan to stay in this condo, I would recommend you get a car. Overall we had a great time and would recommend this place to anyone who is planning a trip to Roatan!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We were on a 7 day cruise and our first stop was in Honduras. I had booked this all inclusive shore excursion to Natale Bay. What a fabulous day we had. The staff was very nice. The views were breathtaking. Delicious food. Great drinks. We even had an amazing time snorkeling and kayaking with Anthony. We had an amazing experience and will be returning to Natale Bay next year for our Honeymoon!!

• Stayed February 2013
Mouth of Wilson, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We travel a lot, and I do all my planning on Tripadvisor. People on tripadvisor give such great information! We were on a five-day cruise with a stop at Roatan. We are 60 and not party people. We like to try to experience the local culture as much as possible. And quite frankly we try to avoid cruises as much as possible, but the price on this cruise was too good to pass up. We were met outside the dock area by a young man (sorry, can't remember his name). There were two other ladies from the ship heading to Club Natale. Our driver was very friendly and driving was incredibly sane. On the way to the club, the four of us agreed on a time to return. We arrived at the club and were met by Joseph Natale, the owner. He told us about the place and his plans--he certainly does have a heart for the locals. We headed out on the kayaks with Anthony for some snorkeling. For me it was great, unfortunately my husband ended up with a wave coming over his snorkel, and he swallowed a bit too much water and ended up sick. The snorkeling didn't last as long as planned, but we got back to the beach and the nice lounge chairs. My husband laid low on the lounge chairs for awhile. I floated around in the crystal clear water. The water is very salty--I had absolutely no problem floating--it was great. Once my husband felt well enough we went back up to the club/pool area and spent some time there. We were able to shower, and I swam a bit in the pool. The staff was concerned about my husband, but there was nothing that really could be done but to let the salt water pass through him. The driver was there at the appointed time, and we headed back to the ship. Our daughter is a Spanish teacher in the states, and she had asked us if we could get some "local" candy she could pass out to her students. The ladies with us didn't mind, so our driver stopped at a local grocery store--the absolutely cleanest, neatest store I have ever been in. The driver came in and helped me find what I needed and we were on our way again.

If you're looking for a quiet, very pleasant place to spend a day while cruising, I highly recommend Club Natale. It was very enjoyable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Roatan Bay, Honduras was my favorite stop on our W. Caribbean cruise. A seasoned "cruise vet" told us about the resort the day before so we booked it from the ship. Once we arrived, a friendly driver named Charlene approached us with a large "Natale" sign so it was easy to find. She was friendly & an excellent driver. She knew exactly when we needed to get back to the ship & gave us a local tour on the way to Natale. The grounds of the resort were unreal. We enjoyed the infiniti pool, secluded beach (only 8 of us on the entire beach!), great service (our guys loved snorkeling with local, Anthony), and fresh food/drink. Do not forget to go up to the terrace for the grandest views/photos. We are considering foregoing the cruise next time, & flying direct to Roatan to stay the week at Natalie. That's how great it is!

• Stayed February 2013
White Bear Lake
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Summary: Everything we were hoping for and more. Very Friendly, Great Roof Top View, Well stocked bar, Grounds are clean and well kept, Fantastic snorkeling, The food is made to order and very good. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking to just get away from the crowds and have a nice relaxing day.

My wife and I recently ported in Roatan on our honeymoon cruise. I had heard good things about this stop so I booked the all inclusive day pass on roatanforaday.com $75 each for the day. This included all food and drinks and well as guided snorkeling on the reef (more on that later) Our port was at Coxen Hole. This is the further of the 2 ports but still only about 10-15 min drive. We exited gate 7 and met our driver Charlene who was waiting for us with a sign. She was very friendly and drove us both to the resort as well as back to the boat. We met, she pull the car up and we were off. On the way to Club Natale, the driver treated the ride more like a guided tour of the city. She talked about the places we would pass as well as history and current information about the island. We both enjoyed the ride very much. She even gave us some local currency as a souvenir. Worth about 5 cents U.S. but still a nice touch. :) On the way to the resort we decided what time we would like to be picked up. If for some reason we wanted to go early we could have also had the resort call and she would pick us up early.
Once we arrived at Club Natale we met Martin who checked us in and we settled the bill. He then introduced us to Ry and Anthony. Ry was from California and was tending the bar. Anthony was helping him and works as the snorkeling guide as well. The first thing we did after ordering some beers (it was almost 10am after all :P) was to go to the roof. The view is spectacular.
After we had enough of the roof we came down and met Joseph the owner. Very nice guy. He told us that the resort is in transition. They are mostly now trying to cater to folks who are more looking for a laid back relaxing day rather then the party crowd. From our experience they are doing a great job.
After a while we decided to go snorkeling. They provided all of the equipment and we headed to the beach. (about 100yds down the hill from the hotel building) We then hopped in kayaks and followed Anthony out to a special spot he has set up in the reef. I have never been snorkeling before and have nothing to compare this experience to, but I thought it was great. Anthony was an excellent guide. He was great at pointing out interesting things as well as swimming down and coaxing some of the fish out of the coral for better viewing. Examples of what we saw include: Puffer fish, Lion Fish and Sting rays and many others. The week previous he told us that they had seen a sea turtle. Also on the way to the reef we kayaked through a canal and saw the biggest sting ray I have ever seen. (about 5ft in diameter) The last thing to note about snorkeling is that many places on our trip seemed to have time limits on how long you can be out. Anthony was a trooper, he stayed out and happily swam with us until we were ready to come in.
After we returned to the beach we rinsed off and ordered some food. (They have showers on the beach, next to the infinity pool and a full shower in the restroom facilities.) Angelo the afternoon bartender/cook took our order. chips and salsa were great and both were made to order. All of the food was good. The chicken fingers are also made from scratch, battered and fried right at the bar. When it was time to leave, Charlene was waiting for us and got us back to port with no issues.
We had an amazing experience all around and wished we could have stayed longer. This resort is most likely not for people who are looking for a wild party or to even be around a large crowd. If you are looking for those thing I would try somewhere else. If on the other hand you want a laid back, relaxing day with good food, drinks and friendly people then you will love Club Natale.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kingsburg, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Our family loved staying at these villas that are tucked away off the beaten path and that open up to a wonderland right near the beach. You can even see a pet monkey "BoBo" along the way!. The villas are clean with plenty of room for two families (we had 8 people), and the beach is just down from the villas with great snorkeling and kayaks. There is a bar/restaurant at the villas with the most friendly staff. We even got to meet the developer Joseph who is an incredible person with a heart of gold! Also fun to hang out with! Great vacation spot and place to make incredible memories

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Club Natale Bay Villas? Share your experiences!