“Tropical home away from home!” 5 of 5 stars

Georphi's Tropical Hideaway
West End, Honduras   |
Ranked #12 of 44 Specialty Lodging in Roatan
Barriere, Canada
“Tropical home away from home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stayed two weeks with Rosalie and Michelle and loved the friendly and cheerful atmosphere. As a solo traveler I felt safe and slept well! My cabin was comfortable, clean, and with lots of hot water, the kitchen serviceable and well equipped, the deck heaven!! The jungle garden ambience is lovely. I cooked most of my meals in and even invited new friends to share meals on my deck. Highly recommended budget accommodation. I look forward to a future stay!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Hills, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

My husband,myself and our daughters, aged 13 and 16,just returned from a 10day trip to Roatan. We spent our last 2 days at Georphi's and were very pleased with the accommodations and price. We really liked Rosalie and Michelle, they were very friendly and helpful. We found Georphi's to be in a great location, very relaxing and with beautiful grounds. Rudy's restaurant and the rotisserie chicken restaurant have delicious food and great prices. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We spent a couple of nights here in one of the cabins with kitchenette just before Christmas. The cabin was excellent, with a huge bed, hot shower and good air-con. Very clean throughout. The kitchenette had everything you could need for self catering including a coffee machine. Nice porch area with hammock and chairs to chill of an evening. The attached eatery, Rudys, sells some of the finest pancakes i have ever eaten, but be sure to ask for a taste of the life prolonging Noni juice before ordering a full smoothie. It has a certain...charm. The owners are wonderfully friendly and welcoming. Great place.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Roslyn, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed there last year and am going back again for two months As for the bed bug report I don't believe it for a minute because they also said Michelle didn't care < I know her she is a great person and would take any complaint seriously. She would never take your money. It is a great place especially for women travelling alone. You are safe and have company You don't have to worry about anything!.
It is run all by women . I was pretty beaten up emotionally when I got there and they healed me in a way . They are very spiritual people

It also has kitties and birdies so it is a happy place. It was surprisingly quiet. I also think those were sand fly bites. Every one has bites on Roatan.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stay here every year for six weeks. Never saw a bedbug. Some little droppings from my housegekko's. Glad to have them: they catch the one mosquito in my room. Michelle and Rosalie, wonderfull people. I come back next year.
By the way: the bite on the photo's look like sandflies. Without repellant: bites like this. Have them too sometimes, my own fault.
Han Simons

Stayed July 2013
Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We were backpacking through Central America and Roatan in 2009 and Georphi's Tropical Hideaway was one of the really nice and relaxing places on our trip.
Rosalie was very nice and helpful. We didn't have any problems with dirty cabins or anything.
I'm sorry to read the bad review from the person writing about bedbugs.. It really looks like sandfly bites which we got a lot of on Roatan. Doesn't have anything to do with Georphi's.
We would return at any time :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Mt.Shasta,CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I needed a place in a hurry...my travel companion didn't work out...a local recommended Georphi's. I am sooooo grateful!!! I was solo and it was the Holidays. Rosalie and Michele made me feel like I was part of the amazing family called Georphi's. I really wish I could have stayed for a month or longer...it was a sad day when I had to leave. My room (apartment) was perfect! Spacious, clean and a deck with hammock...heaven! Hot strong coffee in the am...Breakfast at Rudy's is the best! Michele made me a 'special' smoothie...I will never forget:) I was solo Christmas and they welcomed me to their extended family gathering...I will never forget their generosity! All of the locals and expats were just so amazing to share this time with. Across the street from the most beautiful sunsets...down the street from all the happening stuff going on in town...(dance your bunz off on Friday's!) Or just chill and relax as much as you could ever want. Love this place. Cannot wait to go back!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo