“The locals place” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #63 of 139 restaurants in Roatan
Cuisines: International
Good for: Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
“The locals place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I was in Roatan for almost a month and ate at the Coconut tree almost every day. They offer a delicious menu of local plates and international dishes. They have an amazing hamburger and their Lion fish cakes are one of a kind. Its an open air restaurant, with a friendly staff and a carefree environment. This is a great local hang out, from the regulars to their Chef, its one of my favorite places in Roatan.

Visited December 2012

80% Recommend
Boston, Massachusetts
“The worst of the island”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was at this "restaurant" two weeks ago and the service was the worst I ever had, during my visit to Roatan... The owner was so rude disrespectful person to me and my family.. All because I requested an order of the menu was supposed to be ready in 5 minutes I waited 15 minutes on the table, by the time my order was ready after 20 minutes I stated the owner the food was too late he told me eat it or leave it... I told him what kind of service and disrespect was that one. he confront me telling me to go outside with him. I left that restaurant my family was more important and I want them to be safe in a place I didn't know. I don't recoment it

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vancouver, Canada
“Coconut Tree - Vincent's Dining Palace - Cool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Near end of a solo backpacking trip Belize - Guatemala - Honduras, this 50ish Canadian lawyer ended up for a few days in Roatan before return to Vancouver. Had been to Roatan 2y earlier with a date, at Henry Morgan all inclusive down the way a few km. It was fine by the way. Ferry from La Cieba is a bucking bronco, 2 hours of fun but non-stop handholds needed. Glad sea-sickness never a problem pour moi.

Got to west end in dark, on a thursday. Got a fine room at Cocunut Tree Cabins, walked about (the main street - formerly sand, has now been concreted, tastefully - though never a good thing for maintaining funkiness. More taxis/cars/motos, all moving faster than on sand. Still cool, but get there fast. Eroding eden.

Go to bar/restaurant above the coconut tree grocereteria/Depanneur/bodega where you check in. Have a drink, am warmly greeted by owner/chef Vincent. To my great delight, Thanksgiving turkey is being served. Comes with ham and stuffing. It's awesome. Later I learn Vincent, 30ish, is a Roatan Native, guessing turkey not a traditional dish there, seasonally or otherwise. His cooking is awesome.

And then the reason I write now - After I finish, Vincent says to me and 2-3 other bar-mates, also just finshed "In my house, we have 2nd's at thanksgiving." What's not to like?

I eat 1-2 meals here each day. Great food, friendly,inexpensive. Good burgers too.

Nice to have a place where know a guaranteed good meal. Vincents at Coconut tree, West End, Roatan. Unequivocally recommend.

Michael Woodward

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Kenner, La.
“UPSTAIRS WITH A VIEW”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the prices on the menu, had the fish sandwich and was very pleased with it, other guests had different selections and they looked great. Too bad I couldn't eat all of them. This is one of the few places on the island with the restaurant upstairs. You get a great view of the water beach and the activities all around!

Visited January 2013
Calgary, Canada
“great location, good food, friendly atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Ate here a few times when visiting last September - enjoyed bar service & lots of sports on several tv's - good drinks.

• Visited September 2012