I just returned from a week of staying there.10/27 to the 3rd of Nov. 1st,the rainy season is then..If your not a diver ,there is little to do at this end of the island.It is a 1 hr. ride to get to the 'West end" of the Island which is where most of the gift shops are.As some of the other reviews for this "sister"to Henry Morgan Resort have stated.The food menu needs some improving. Fish,Chicken & Rice...Meat is occasional.Internet & or phone service needs help.From what I understand ,they have been open for 3 yrs. now..When there was a issue,i.e. batteries in safe went out..The lobby person went & got it resolved. At times there is no one there,if you do have a problem.The Sand flies or what ever they were are TERRIBLE!!In spite of applying bug repellent.The design of the Resort is very picture esque. Depending on where your room is located it can be a distance from the dive shop/pier to do your diving.
The Diving is FANTASTIC!!! The reefs are in great shape & creatures abound.Sea horses,Flamingo Tongue,Nurse Sharks,,Moray's,Lobsters,Sea Turtles ,Scorpion fish & lizard fish.For large groups.Make sure you let them know ahead of time.They need the help..for such demands. Nitrox is available.
I even went for the gold & did the Shark dive,with Waihuka Adventure Diving. I would do it again!!!A once in a life time experience.I will say ,I think they are trying to get it right..
As another point of Interest.Hole In the Wall is a excellent spot to go to for a lunch. Gio's Crab house is another TJ Lynch video recommended spot.There are 2 on the Island.1 in French Harbor. Bon voyage...
- Also Known As:
- Media Luna Hotel
- Media Luna Resort And Spa
- Media Luna Hotel Roatan
- Media Luna Resort & Spa Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pearl of the Caribbean… refined, precious, endowed with an innate elegance without the confines of time.Are you searching for a refuge in the pure nature?Do you want an eco-Lodge that respects the natural harmony of the elements?Are you seeking absolute relaxation with personal treatment …To you who want the “luna”… Experience…have found it!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. and HotelsClick so you can book your Media Luna Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.