This hotel is gorgeous. The rooms are fantastic and even though the surrounding grounds are beautiful and you want to be out enjoying the sun, the room is so wonderful you will find you also want to lounge in there as well. The showers are spectacular with a window to look out at the beautiful ocean while you shower. The attention to detail in the room is amazing. The grounds are well maintained with lovely tropical flowers everywhere. The beach is nice with sandy spots to swim in. There are kayaks available to use for free. The lounging furniture around the pools was very comfortable esepcially the outside beds.
The staff at the resort are kind and helpful. The entertainment staff were always friendly as well as all the bar and restaurant staff.
Where it goes downhill is the food. It was TERRIBLE. Rolled up lunch meat and mini hot dogs are not acceptable ever, let alone 3 times a day. The food had NO flavour. I have never been so disappointed in food in a resort ever. Bland potatoes, bland meat, or lunch meat. Pasta every night with what seemed a tin of canned tomatoes as sauce. Pizza as snack with no sauce. This chef is supposed to be from Italy, I don't think he's ever tasted good food a day in his life. This resort is so secluded that you can't really leave to find something else to eat. I would not stay here again on account of the food. We were there for 5 days and that was more than enough eating that bland food. There were a number of guests sharing the same complaint around the pool. It's disappointing that instead of enjoying the beautiful surroundings people felt too bloated to enjoy themselves from all the bland pasta. Sometimes there was iceburg lettuce, but then no dressing. UGH. This resort needs to get their act together about their food.
Also, be aware that this resort is supposed to be 18 and over. That is not the case. The Italian operaters sell the resort to families so it was FILLED with kids taking over the pool. There are a lot of Italians that visit this resort so many of the shows are in Italian.
I also have to mention that the Sunwing reps were quite incompetent and unprofessional. They both had meltdowns either in front of us or on the phone. Promised us an extra night at a certain price and then could not follow through with that promise. When they told us to stay in the lobby and they would call us back they did not return our calls and actually TURNED OFF THEIR PHONE. Leaving us to spend 2.5 hours sitting in the lobby before we could make other arrangements.
- Also Known As:
- Media Luna Hotel
- Media Luna Resort And Spa
- Media Luna Hotel Roatan
- Media Luna Resort & Spa Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pearl of the Caribbean… refined, precious, endowed with an innate elegance without the confines of time.Are you searching for a refuge in the pure nature?Do you want an eco-Lodge that respects the natural harmony of the elements?Are you seeking absolute relaxation with personal treatment …To you who want the “luna”… Experience…have found it!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. so you can book your Media Luna Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.