“GreAt day on the water” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 178 Activities in Roatan
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: "Free Radical" our 48’ Catamaran is located on the East End of Roatan, the uncrowded, less visited end of the island. If you want an adventure snorkeling, fishing and sailing in pristine waters, we do it all. Our professional crew guides you in the water snorkeling then serve you cold drinks while on board. Pina Coladas BBQ chicken kabobs, shrimp, sweet & sour meatballs on a bed of Honduran rice. Yum! We offer 1/2 day, full day and multi-day charters. The Yacht is very clean and offers 4 private washrooms. Daysail capacity is 30 guests. Private and custom charters can be arranged. Don’t miss the best part of Roatan!
Turner valley
3 attraction reviews
“GreAt day on the water”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Had another wonderful day of sailing and snorkelling with Ed and Julie on their beautiful sail boat. The food and drinks were great and we would do it again in a heartbeat. This has been our second trip with them and plan to do it again when we are back on the island. The only downside of this trip is getting to their boat but still we'll worth the money

Visited February 2014

Sherwood Park, Canada
“Couldn't offer better time!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

It was suggested by friends that when we arrived on Roatan, we (about 14 of us) should all go on a catamaran tour. Immediately my spidey senses started tingling. My past experience with dreaded "three hour tours" has been limited to fishing in a panga-panga, captained by someone that couldn't sail around a bathtub, catching nothing more than bait, and a sunburn. Then my bride and I were introduced to Ed and Julie of Radical Catamaran Adventures. What an example to others of what an afternoon sailing on the Caribbean should be!!! If you haven't figured it out by now, they blew us away!!! From he moment we set foot on their ship, we were treated like family. Royal Family to boot!!! Cold beverages, which just didn't seem to stop coming, fresh baked peanut butter cookies (who does that on a sailboat?), gourmet lunch, snacks, snorkelling, local knowledge of the area, friendly, knowledgeable crew, and no shortage of sun and surf. If you want to get out of the "canned all inclusive excursions" then Radical is a must. Do I recommend it? YES!! Will I do it again? YES!! You won't be disappointed. Thanks Ed and Julie and crew for a great afternoon!!!

Warren & Faye
Alberta, Canada

Visited February 2014
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
3 attraction reviews
“Non cruise ship coordinated excursion -”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

We have been on 4 cruises during our lifetime. After our first cruise we began to step out and use non cruise line coordinated excursions. With some good reasearch (tripadvisor for example) and doing your homework - we have yet to have anything less than an excellent experience. In fact, we routinely have much smaller groups, see the same things that the cruise excursions do and get a much more personalized experience.

Radical Catamaran Adventures was no exception.

Regarding the food, the snorkeling and in general the boat - see others comments for more detail.

Coming off a crusie ship with unlimited mass produced food - the food on the boat was a welcome change - much more flavourful and with substantial local influence.

Snorekling - I've dived and snorkeled for over 30 years. The reef we snorkeled was world class. The crew pointed out fish and crustaceans for the novice snorkelers.

The boat - was immaculate - well kept and obviously not operated with a "tour bus" mentality where hundreds of people are run across the deck.

The overall experience had a very personal touch, makeing us feel likes friends and guests and not income producing tourists. Our excursion had 8 people - even though the boat could take up to 35. We had room to walk about, lay about, enjoy the overall experience.

I would suggest the this excursion/tour to anyone who is not afraid to step out of the comfort zone of being on cruise line sponsored excursions - you won't be disappointed.

Lexington, Kentucky
19 attraction reviews
“A great way to spend a day on a boat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We spent a day on the Free Radical. Even though it was a dreary and rainy day, we had a great time. We snorkeled at two different spots, with some great guides from the boat in the water.

The food was incredible -- it just kept coming over and over. From the muffins just out of the oven when we arrived on the boat, to the continual making of Pina Coladas, to the delicious salsa and lunch, we ate better than at any other place on the island.

My only complaint -- and it is a small one -- is that I don't think we ever made it to the Old Port Royal area that is advertised on their website for the full day tour. Maybe it was because of the weather, but we didn't do the mangrove tour and didn't have the third snorkeling stop.

All that said, we had a great time, and would definitely consider doing it again.

boulder co
6 attraction reviews
“Enjoyable day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

The boat, owners, staff, and food were all excellent. The chef was wonderful and very sweet. We were on the boat all day, stopping at 2 places to snorkel. I had trouble with my personal snorkel gear, and the guide in the water with us helped me out, even trading his own gear for my failing gear. He took my camera and dived to take some good pics for me. I would have been happier if we had gone to one more snorkeling place, as we spent quite a bit of time at anchor. Drinks were included, and alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks were liberally supplied. I felt that in some ways it was more of a party boat than a serious snorkeling experience, but the problems with my gear may have contributed to that conclusion. We also went out after a major storm, which resulted in a lot of suspicious stuff in the water and somewhat limited visibility, which certainly can't be blamed on the owners. The staff helped friends with limited mobility into the water where they had a blast snorkeling.