“Great diving!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #41 of 178 Activities in Roatan
Type: Educational Sites, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Barefoot Divers 5* IDC dive center is located conveniently close to the cruise ship docks, airport and ferry dock. Offering a full valet dive service, an impeccable facility, immaculate equipment and boats, this is a truly relaxing diving experience. Fresh fruit, water and towels are offered on every dive and there are hot water showers. Mary's Place (voted Roatan's no.1 dive site) is located right on the doorstep. Full PADI courses are available as are professional courses and internships. For non divers, there are organised snorkel trips and one day scuba courses.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
“Great diving!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Things started out a little shaky as the morning boat was running late. I was scheduled for a 10am dive but didn't leave until a little after 11 and was a little nervous as I was on a cruise schedule. Fortunately, the second dive was scheduled for 2pm, so it wasn't affected. I had requested a dive at Mary's Place, since I'd heard such great things. Our divemaster Irma was great and accommodated my request. The experienced divers were able to swim through the site, while anyone uncomfortable was able to swim overhead. There were three dm candidates along with Irma and only four divers and a snorkeler, so everyone was comfortable. The second dive was even better! There were only two of us divers, and five dm candidates joined us this time. I had asked Irma to find me a seahorse and she, along with four of the five candidates went searching Cemetary Wall for the elusive creature. Irma made us divers feel comfortable and she was happy to fulfill my special requests. I'll definitely be looking to dive with Barefoot if I'm lucky enough to make it down to Roatan again.

San Diego CA
16 attraction reviews
“This is One OUTSTANDING Dive Operation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I had read the reviews and was actually a little skeptical because they were so outstanding. THE REVIEWS ARE TRUE friends. I've been diving all over the world (Caribbean, South Pacific and the Red Sea) and THIS operation is truly one of the best I've ever experienced.

Irma is a DIVEMASTER GODDESS!!!! Her knowledge, technical abilities, love for what she does and people-skills are outstanding. The diving was truly effortless. We only came for a day (via cruise ship) and WE WILL BE BACK TO STAY AWHILE!!!

Roatan is just beautiful. Dive spots are close to the shop, boats are perfect, rental gear is very good (BCs with integrated weights = heaven) and the staff take care of everything. You jump in and dive!

Truly I cannot say enough about this business. I will tell all my diving friends and we will be back - hopefully very soon!

Visited January 2013
New York City, New York
“Amazing dive trip and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I visited Roatan for a 10 day trip spanning from Christmas to New years. I chose barefoot to dive with and I couldn't be happier. From the moment we arrived Irma took the best care of us. Greeting us on Christmas day with a big welcoming smile in a santa hat that she also wore on our dives. Irma and her team were perfect and they took great care of us, setting up our gear making sure we were happy, comfortable and safe. All we had to do was show up, get on the boat and go diving. It doesn't get easier than that. The diving was beautiful Mary's place and Calvin's Crack were two of our favorite dives. My best friend Steve (and my favorite travel buddy) is already planning a trip back that's how much we loved the diving and Barefoot Cay. Irma runs a professional and incredibly talented team (Jenna, Kyle, and Kevin) to name a few. Irma is incredibly knowledgable and dedicated to teaching and if I hadn't already had my instructor certification I would have taken a class with Barefoot Divers. Tex was the best boat captain and took amazing care of us out on the water getting us to exactly where we needed to go and always greeted us at the end of the dive with dry towels and fresh fruit. Everything ran seamless despite the fact that they were incredibly busy and fully booked. Everything was so organized we really didn't have to worry about a single thing other then putting on sunscreen!!! Thank You Irma and the rest of the team at Barefoot Divers!

Visited December 2012
8 attraction reviews
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

These guys are great! We booked with them privately from a cruise ship, but after seeing our experience level they did not treat as cruise divers and took us on excellent dives. They could not have been more friendly or fun!!!!

We miss you Keith and Kevin!!!!!

Tony and the jersey divers

Berlin, NJ
“First Rate Dive Center!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Whether on a dive vacation or a one day stop over on a cruise, diving with Barefoot is a must!!! Forget the cattleboat cruise excursions, book on your own with Barefoot and leave the worries behind. We dove with Barefoot from our Carnival Cruise and it couldn't have been easier. We easily got in two dives, with time to rinse our gear and get back to the ship with an hour to spare.

Our divemaster and guide Kyle was the best. The wall diving was amazing, both dives were incredible! The boats and the shop are first rate! Fresh water and fruit were provided on the boat as well as full valet service if you wanted it. I have to admit was a bit lazy and took my gear off in the water and let them pull it up for me, lol.

We are already talking about going back for a week stay! Thanks again Barefoot for a most memorable experience!!!

Visited January 2013