“Can't wait to go back!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

+504 9468-7147
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Barefoot Divers 5 Star IDC dive center offers valet diving- we do the work, you have the fun. Boats depart at 8:30, 10:30 and 2pm daily, with night dives on request. The dive shop is located at luxury boutique resort Barefoot Cay, close to the cruise ship docks, airport and ferry dock. Fresh fruit, water and towels are offered on every dive. The dive center has well-maintained rental equipment, private hot water showers and change facilities as well as individual dive lockers, air-conditioned classroom, and resort shop with dive accessories and logo wear. Mary's Place (voted Roatan's no.1 Dive site) is located right on the doorstep. A full range of PADI courses are available, including professional courses and internships. For non divers, there are organised snorkel trips and one day scuba courses.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Sackville, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Can't wait to go back!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

My wife & I did our first 2 open water dives towards our certification with Luc & Tex. About a 5 minute drive from the Cruise ship pier you pull into an awesome little harbor & resort. Just being there you felt the stress melt away. Luc & Tex are the best. The first site we went to was called "Shark Bait" What!!!!!? Luc was very patient and made us feel at ease the entire time and the dive locations were incredible. I can say that now that we have been diving in other locations and have something to compare to. This is definitely a 5 star resort. We can't wait to go back. Luc, we are heading for Thailand next year to do our dive master certification - maybe we can come work with you in Roatan??? A big shout out to Tex too. Take care & bye for now.

Visited May 2011

Sacramento, California, United States
“Great experience with barefoot divers! / cruise ship excursion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

When we learned that the Sears annual incentive trip would be a cruise with a port of call to the island of Roatan , I knew that scuba diving was the only thing i wanted to do!   Although certified, my daughter and I had not dived for a couple of years.  All of the cruise ship dive excursions required a dive within the past year, so I knew I would have to go with an "unapproved" excursion.  I reviewed many of the dive shop possibilities online and picked barefoot divers because of its close distance to the ship and the reviews and pictures online.  I booked ahead of time through email and made a full payment online ahead of time. We knew that in order to enjoy our dive, we would have to be refreshed in diving skills.  We arranged to have a diving refresher in the am then a full dive in the afternoon.
Our experience with barefoot divers was absolutely the best.  We were greeted by a pleasant young lady named Heather who surprisingly was from our home town of Sacramento California!  We spent the morning "in class" with Heather In the lagoon area of the resort, where she patiently and professionally took us through our skill reviews.  After an enjoyable lunch, we went out for our dive.
Our dive was at the "elbow", a beautiful wall reef not far from the resort.   It was just heather, my daughter and I on the dive.  My daughter struggled a little at first but heather stayed with her and calmed her and helped her to explore the reef.  Our dive lasted about 40 minutes.
Everything about our experience was top notch.  The equipment was clean, the boat was clean, the changing room and showers were very nice.  My wife did the spa treatments offered  by the resort and had a relaxing day while we dived.  They even allowed her to relax in the private area of the resort while we were out on the boat.
If I had one suggestion for improvement, it would be assistance with transportation from the ship and back.  I got the impression that it was not available, but did recognize there were bay foot vans in the parking lot and on the roads.  As it was, we hired a taxi at the ship, which was quite expensive, but our taxi driver George was excellent and picked us up at exactly at   the time requested.  We arrived back at the ship with plenty of time to spare.  I would highly recommend barefoot divers for anyone looking to dive while cruising, but not wanting to be herded by the cruise ship sponsored excursion.  Thank Heather for making our return to diving such a great experience!

Visited March 2012
home
8 attraction reviews
“Great for snorkelers, too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

We stayed at Barefoot Cay and had a wonderful experience, so I may be a little biased in favor of the dive shop. We did not scuba dive, but erveryone of the divers I spoke with raved about the shop. We were a group of 8 snorkelers, and they took us out on a separate boat to a beautiful reef not far from the resort. To be able to snorkel for an hour or so for $15/person was a great deal. Would highly recommend.

Visited March 2012
Atlanta
“Great shop to dive Mary's Place with”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

If you want to see what a real dive shop looks like from everything from the construction to its boats....then check this place out. I spent 2 months in the West End getting my DM license and managed to find a day off where I could go dive my favorite site on the island. Having dove this site a couple of times in the past and being familiar with the cracks around this dive site I immediately recognized these guys knew how to navigate this amazing phenomenon of a dive site. Scott, the instructor, knows what he's doing and they have one heck of a boat captain as well. This is also the shop where people can do their IDC as the course director, Gary, is located here. Best regards Barefoot Divers, Keith Berne

Visited February 2012
barefootcay, Public Relations Manager at Barefoot Divers, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Thanks so much for your great feedback Keith! Our guests are important to us and we are happy to hear it when they enjoy themselves.
Happy diving in the future and hope to see you again one day soon at Barefoot Divers!
Troy, Michigan
“Excellent Diving for Cruisers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

We did a one tank dive to Mary's Place site while at port from Carnival Legend. It was easy to get to from Mahogany Bay Pier, just a $10 per person round trip taxi ride. Only a 5 minute ride. The facilities were awesome including a fresh water shower in the restrooms to rinse off after the dive. The staff was awesome and dive master was great. Mary's Place dive site is incredible. I highly recommend Barefoot Divers.

Visited February 2012