“Best Underwater statues I have seen” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 70 things to do in Roatan
More attraction details
Owner description: An awesome snorkeling adventure at the depth of a swimming pool. The Bay Islands Underwater Museum will take you on a guided snorkel tour of one of the most beautiful reefs in the Caribbean and so much more! Discover Mayan artifacts, a Spanish Galleon ship wreck and the Treasure Chest. See the traditional lobster and conch fishing gear used by the Garifuna people. This is fun for the whole family. The Bay Islands Underwater Museum is an experience you will never forget. Don´t forget to bring cash for beberages and our famous Enzo Pepperoni Pizza, cooked in our adobe mud oven! Birng a towel and beach foot wear for walking on the sand and dock area. All snorkling gear, boat transportation to the site from our dock and a briefing about the museum are included. You will have the best local guides to show you the reef and the marine life!
Huntsville, TX
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Best Underwater statues I have seen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Tex took me out on a private snorkel, since I was the only that was there at the time. He brought up a sand dollar, conch, and other items to see close up. Although he did not really give much history of the artifacts, I had read up on these before, and pretty well knew what I was seeing. The coral gardens
were also very beautiful. I came back for night snorkeling, and although I did not see the Octopus that I was hoping to see, I did see many interesting things including a beautiful butterfly fish. Thanks Tex for a job well done!

Visited September 2012

The Woodlands, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Beautiful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Great snorkeling! Lots to see and great pics! Heavy with schools of fish, eel creeping in coral...just breathtaking!

Visited July 2012
Houston, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Amazing! Worth the trip!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Lauren and his crew are awesome. It's an inexpensive way to get in some great snorkeling, even for first timers.

Visited June 2012
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Cool adventure, original, really liked it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We went to the uderwater museum in Sandy Bay, it was a really nice experience. They put many wrecked ship parts and mayan poterry and small temples underwater, it was a really nice underwater trip, reminded me of Jules Verne´s novel.

Visited February 2012
Lake Oswego, OR
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Great way to start snorkeling!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

This is a great place. We had trip members who were apprehensive about swimming or snorkeling. The wonderful guides were able to help my mother enjoy snorkeling, pulling her as she floated, holding the life preserver and viewed the fun statues and artifacts. It was a great intro again to others who had not been comfortable snorkeling as well. The rest of us enjoyed the tour as well. It's a perfect place to start one's visit. People will gain confidence and the owners are great. If we visit again, we would go there first, sign up for a fishing trip to stock up for the week, and enjoy the swim. That would then help everyone gain confidence to go out on deeper or less protected areas and enjoy the amazing reefs Roatan has to offer on their own. The reefs at West Bay were fabulous to do on one's own.

Visited April 2012