Not much more to add to what other fans have already posted. The setting - off the beaten track on the NE coast of Roatan - is gorgeous and secluded. Everything about the resort is nicely thought out from the room furnishings and amenities to the naturalized landscaping and the excellent menu for the open air restaurant, the Tasty Tarpon. The hosts - Michael and Roxanne and their teenagers Lizzy and Mike - are friendly and extremely accommodating without being pushy. You can choose to be active in and on the water all day long or nap in hammocks.
Michael is a wealth of information about the local fishing, snorkeling, and diving options. My husband was disappointed at the decline in the bonefish population (darn poachers with nets!!) but still enjoyed walking the flats. They don't have a full service dive shop at this point but I thoroughly enjoyed the 3 dives I did with Michael as my dive buddy - nice equipment plus the variety and health of the coral and gorgonians on the house reef inspiring - that end of the island gets very little pressure. Although the reef is a bit far out for most folks to want to swim there, you can rent a kayak or canoe by the day or the week which puts it within easy reach. As with other areas of Roatan, keep bug spray handy if the breeze dies down. Wireless internet is free but a bit sporadic due to the isolated location.
We thoroughly enjoyed our week there and recommend it highly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the largest natural beach of the Bay Islands on the east end of Roatan, the largest of the Bay Islands of Honduras. With the pristine beauty of Camp Bay Beach at our front door, protection of an almost untouched barrier reef just offshore. Our location has everything to offer from beachfront rooms, shore snorkeling, flats fly fishing, offshore diving, sport fishing, kite boarding/surfing, kayak mangrove tours and outer island boat tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Camp Bay Beach Adventure Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camp Bay Beach Adventure Hotel Roatan
- Camp Bay Beach Adventure Lodge Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands