“Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

It was the first stop on our cruise. I looked out our balcony & was sure we were in Paradise. We were 3 couples. The guys took a hike and the girls went on the dolphin encounter. Back in "town" I had a delicious mocha frappuccino and shopped to my heart's content! Then we took the Magical Flying Beach Chair to the beach and back. There was music on both ends of the village and the whole experience filled up my senses. Wish we'd had much more than a day there!

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Springfield, MO
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Is fine if you never want to leave "Carnival Land"...but much more beautiful sights around island!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

You can buy local at the shopping village, but will find it much cheaper outside of the village. Contact Murphy's Tours and he will take you any where you want to go, or make suggestions for you! I've been twice and the best snorkeling I found was at Turquoise Bay. There are probably many equally beautiful places, but this snorkeling/dive company was owned by a US resident who now lives on Roatan and was reasonable $ and knew how to treat guests!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Cruise Stop with Carnival”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Carnival built this area to keep you around to spend money in the shops. These shops are no different than any other port stops in the Caribbean. The area if very nice and clean but not a true look into Roatan. You need to get out and see the island and everything it has to offer. Better beaches at West Bay and West End.

Frederick, Colorado
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 162 helpful votes
“READ THIS BEFORE YOU GO!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

This beach is in a great location to the cruise dock. It has all you need and the beach is well kept. The water is clear and nice to swim in. TIP: you will pay a lot more for beach excursions from the ship.My wife and I paid alot for tabyana beach and jungle tour. This Mahogany bay beach is as good as it gets. The only problem I have is the price of liquor is so high. But it is that way all over the island. It so. Lose to the ship dock that you could go back and have lunch on the ship and then return to the beach!!

New Lebanon, Ohio
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Cruise Beach Done Right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stopped at Mahogany Beach as part of our cruise. This is well thought out. Even with the large number of people present there was ample beach seating and plenty of swimming space. My wife and I have our own snorkle gear and chose to explore the reefs just beyond the pier. Reefs were good (for the Caribbean) and fish were plentiful. Even saw a turtle from the boat within the swimming area as we were leaving. My only criticism is the crowd, but its hard to figure out how to hide 6,000 tourists from each other. This beach is well thought out, well designed, and even (somewhat surprising from a cynical cruiser perspective) not focused on sucking every last $. You can spend the day there and not spend a dime (if you want to take the short walk back to the ship for lunch), or you can enjoy a multitude of chain bars common to cruise ports.

In short, I'd accept the crowds for the covenience and comfort of a stop like this at EVERY port. Well Done!