“Amazing group to dive with!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 178 Activities in Roatan
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: If you like… Diving with small groups… Personal service from friendly professional staff… Top quality training from beginner to pro level… Fast well equipped boats… 40 beautiful dive sites nearby… Diving at night, at dawn or with sharks… Free rental of regularly maintained equipment… Independantly tested air supply… And a Café Bar with free wifi on-site… Dive with… Reef Gliders PADI 5 Star Dive Center on the beach in West End.
Tucson, Arizona, United States
6 attraction reviews
“Amazing group to dive with!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I happened upon Reef Gliders 2 years ago on my first trip to Roatan. I had a great experience with them and got my advanced open water cert at the time. This time around, I brought two friends down for their first time and of course, brought them through Reef Gliders. I knew they would have a great experience with their courses. Everybody there is so friendly and so fun, but they definitely know what they are doing underwater and they know the equipment. Amazing dives, tons of stuff to see, and the night dive was incredible. And it doesn't hurt that C-level, a little cafe/bar, is pretty much right in the shop. Great people there too, great breakfast, which is also crucial for starting a good day of diving. And of course, some frosty beverages when you're all done! I will definitely be back for more. Special thanks to divemasters Mickey, Melanie, Bryan, and Riaan :)

Visited April 2013

Edmonton, Canada
“2 weeks diving with Reef Gliders Feb 2013.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

All of the of positive trip advisor reviews lived up to my expectations for a great dive shop.

I was diving in Roatan for 2 weeks, end of February and the 1st week of March 2013. I highly recommend Reef Gliders and I will be going back. I found Barbara, John (owners) and all diver masters were all very helpful, friendly. They aim to give all their divers a great dive, in safe and professional but very easy going atmosphere. I did my 4 open water dives to complete my training and then did 14 more dives and found Reef Gliders a professional and accommodating dive shop. I was hit with a travel bug and was sick for 2 days and the staff were very helpful and concerned that I didn’t push myself. They weren’t concerned that I cancelled my dives at short notice.

The dive shop is located right on the water with the dock right at the back of the dive shop and only a few minutes from some AMAZING dive sites. Diver Masters at the shop at very knowledgeable and take their time both before the dive and afterwards to go over anything you have seen. Dive groups (6 max).

Check out the restaurant / bar right beside the dive shop C-Level that offer great diver specials and also a very welcoming and fun place to hang out.

Jackson, Wyoming
3 attraction reviews
“Great diving!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We had an awesome time diving with Reef Gliders! Their equipment was in great shape, everyone was very friendly, the staff was professional, and we got lots of great dives out of it! Their prices are right on par with the other dive shops ($30/dive with the 10 dive package) but their demeanor and flexibility makes it seem like an even better deal. Most of our dives were with Mickey and he did not disappoint - we always saw something spectacular on our dives and he was very knowledgeable! With so many dive shops on Roatan, its easy to get overwhelmed (as we did while browsing) but everyone we met at the shop (as well as us) were very happy with our Reef Gliders experience as the staff wanted to give each diver a memorable experience. Thanks Reef Gliders!

Vancouver, BC
8 attraction reviews
“Stop looking around.... Dive with Reef Gliders!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

With the many choices of dive shops in Roatan, Reef Gliders is the place to go! Staff and management are highly professional and well trained and are genuinely interested in making sure you have an amazing experience. Equipment is high quality and well maintained and safety is of paramount importance.

I was supposed to have stayed in Roatan for 12 days of a 5 week trip that was going to take me to Belize and Cozumel but after 3 days I knew I wasn't going anywhere. The reef is gorgeous and with the variety of sites, there was always something new to discover. I like diving caverns and caves and The Shop Manager, Francois made sure that there was always something interesting for me. Mickey made for some of the most enjoyable dives I've had and his passion for diving is contagious. Rian, Melanie and Brian are some of the best Instructors I've seen and I look forward to coming back and further upgrading my skills.

I would be amiss to not mention the Management of Reef Gliders who are a pleasure to deal with and make sure that the shop is well run and fun place to be. Hats off to Barb and John!

Visited March 2013
“Was supposed to dive 3 times for the weekend. Ended up staying for 23 days racking up 35 dives!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

$30/dive if you're doing 10 dives or more, and a $10 voucher towards Georphi's Cabin's accommodation on days you do 2 dives with these guys. Excellent deal, in my opinion. It was the only way I could have afforded to do as much dives as I have done.

There may have been once or twice that I got a leaky regulator, but I just switched to my alternate, and bam! The world's perfect again. Just like that.

All of their dive masters and instructors planned great profiles for each of the dives I've gone on, and, they paid attention to both safety and finding the coolest creatures underwater.

You get to be friends with both the staff of the dive shop AND C-Level bar. What more could you want?!

I also should say I ended up going for my AOW and getting it done through very encouraging and relaxed instructors.

All of my dives were memorable! I highly recommend diving with Reef Gliders :)