“The best!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We are PADI 5 Star Dive Center and Green Star Award Winner located on the north side of Roatan, Honduras, at Turquoise Bay Resort catering to multiple hotels, vacation rental homes and cruise ship visitors. We offer scuba diving and lessons, snorkeling, kayaking and other water sports as weekly packages or day excursions. Enjoy diving or snorkeling on our private dive sites. Only a short boat ride away you find amazing dive/snorkel sites with drop offs, canyons, swim throughs and the Caribbean's biggest variety of coral and sponges. PADI Divemasters guide all dives. Enjoy valet diving and the best personal attention and customer service you deserve!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children, Stroller parking
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
“The best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Last year, my son (14) and I got Open Water certification through Subway. It was such an outstanding experience that this year I came back with my brother. The people were amazing...professional, fun, accommodating and knowledgeable. The dives were incredible, including my first wreck and night dives. On the last day I was careless enough to get stung while spearfishing for lionfish. It was totally my fault, but the captain (Bruce), Dive Master (Jamie) and off-duty captain (Maynor) got me back to shore quickly. From there all the staff and interns (and fellow divers) helped to get me through the painful experience.

I you want to have the best dive experience, meet some great people and stay at the World`s Most Relaxing Resort, go to Roatan, stay at Turquoise Bay Resort, and let the folks at Subway take care of planning your dives. You won`t be disappointed.

Visited April 2013
Subway_Watersports, Manager at Subway Watersports, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
I'm glad you guys got home safely with no further incidences :) It was an absolute pleasure to have you here diving with us for the week and I'm glad you had an amazing time. Please come and visit us again next year so you can practice your spearing techniques!

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

This is a great shop with excellent customer service, good value, and diving at a number of beautiful sights. In two says I dove three great reef locations, including two walls, and a shipwreck. It was my first wreck dive, and a great experience. Our dive master, Osmann, was exceptional and made the trip especially memorable with his knowledge of local plant and animal life, and great attitude. I highly recommend him. Also, the shop offers a good schedule, with morning and afternoon dives (I think every day) and night dives on some days.
This is hands down my favorite dive shop.

Visited April 2013
Glad you got to experience some fantastic dives here with us. Our aim is to make sure all our customers are given first class service and enjoy their diving. Thanks for the great comments, it's good to hear that our divers are having an amazing time.
NEW ORLEANS
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Awesome Dive shop!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Just returned from a 4 day stay at Turquoise Bay Resort and while it was a bit forgettable, this dive shop wasn't! I've done some diving around the Caribbean and Hawaii and this group is the best I've ever encountered. Very professional and organized, and the service is incredible! Just like others noted, all your stuff is on the boat ready for you. Our DM was Osmann (sp?) and he impressed me by making us hook our tanks up the first time... true teacher, which is part of being a great dive master! Our group was small and I never felt as if help was far away if I needed it (I can be a bit of a nervous diver!) Beautiful reefs, a good amount of sea life too. Nice boats, friendly folks, and really good prices for the trips and equipment rental. Nothing but great things to say about this group!

Visited April 2013
Thanks for the great review. We strive to provide a professional, safety conscience service, whilst making sure everyone is having fun at the same time. I'm glad you felt comfortable on your dives and had a fanatastic time as well. We look forward to having you dive with us again on your next visit to Roatan.
Charlotte, NC
“Excellent family snorkel outing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Just got back from Norwegian cruise in Western Carribbean aboard Norwegian Star. Booked this snorkel trip for family of four including two teens that had not snorkeled before. Went through Orbitz. Had not been to this port, so did not know what to expect.
Osman, our driver, was wating for us at the pick up area - introduced himself and was very nice. Trip to snorkel area was about 35 minutes and Osman gave us a verbal tour of the areas we were driving through and answered all our questions.
Dive shop is located on north shore of island and the staff was very friendly in checking us in. Bobby was our dive master for the trip and he was very nice. Jacqui was his intern and the both of them were our guides. We were able to do 2 - 1hour snorkels in gorgeous water over the reef.
Both my kids had no problems with anything and absolutely loved the outing. Saw many creatures and were constantly finding new things to see. You could actually touch the reef if you wanted.
Our second hour was just my family and we had the bay to ourselves which was very nice.
Bobbywas an excellent guide - spoke about the health of the reef and the issues impacting the eco-system. He kept a look out for interesting things to see and gave us a heads up for rays and other creatures.
There is a resort next door and we were invited to eat there, but chose to go back to the ship. I would recomend exploring the resort a bit more - its a small one but nice. The drive back was quicker and we had plenty of time to make our ship - the staff was very aware of our need to get back and we probably could have stayed longer.
If you are looking for an easy swim, great water, small groups, and a lot to look at it - this is the snorkel outing for you. Equipment was nice and the staff took care of everything. We also saved a bunch of money avoiding the ship snorkel outings.They also do diving excursions.

Visited April 2013
Thanks for the excellent review. No matter what the age or activity Subway Watersports aims to cater to everyone, not just divers. We're glad to hear you had a great time with us and really enjoyed your snorkel excursions and we're glad to hear the kids fell in love with it too.
Seattle, Washington
“Excellent diving & snorkeling with a great crew”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is a well-run shop with good boats, great crews, and exceptional divemasters. Becky, Holly, Minor, and Andre stand out as truly excellent and enjoyable to spend time with. We had beautiful dives (and one nice snorkel), and had the opportunity to see rays, eels, a shark, and quite healthy reefs.

Visited March 2013
Thanks for the great review. We enjoy hearing that our customers are having an amazing time and that we are doing are jobs well. I'm glad you had some fantastic dives and got to see a variety of marine life, as well as great snorkeling too. If you make it to Roatan again please come and visit.