“Great time on the zip line!” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Roatan Shore Excursion: Zip 'n' Dip Canopy Tour
Ranked #19 of 130 Outdoor Activities in Roatan
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer 11 zip-lines and 13 platforms through the jungle. This is a tour design for adventure seekers of all ages with great views and long zips.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
The Woodlands, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great time on the zip line!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Second trip to South Shore on our most recent visit to the island and was full of great times yet again! Wish our guide was better taking photos like last time, but guides were great none the less!

West End, Roatan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great time, amazing views and wonderful staff!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I have gone to this zip line 3 times over the last year and truly enjoy it every time!! South Shore does a wonderful job of picking up at our hotel/port and bringing us right to the zip line. The staff onsite do a great job of explaining the rules and safety procedures and then take your camera to ensure wonderful snap shots for you later!! They even safely teach you how to zip upside down and superman style!! Loved it each time and will do it again when I get back to the island! Thanks Jason and Staff!

Abilene, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow! Great fun. Would like to do it again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Had a blast. My wife and I went on a non cruise ship day and so - no crowds or waiting. The guide gave us a great experience and pointed out things in the jungle slopes. Safety is the first concern so we felt very comfortable and relaxed which allowed us to really enjoy each Zipline.

Garden Grove
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Island Marketing Zipline”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Our group with 12 people booked the zipline tour with this company. The zipline part was good, except that if they have a platform on leaving side on every one of them, it would be nice and easy for people to get on instead of having pulling yourself up. So, if you are old and not very strong, getting hooked onto the lines is a huge task. Also, on approaching rides, they don't time and separate the people with enough time, so there were times that I had to brake really hard to avoid people that arrived ahead of me that are not fully untangled or unhooked from the cables. As their system is a double cable system and it was not easy to unhook people from the lines sometimes.
There was no water supplied on any rest platforms except the very last one. So, if you are not really hydrated, you will get really thirsty during the rides. After the very last ride you would have to walk up a really steep hill and wait for the 4 X 4 truck. I guess they only has one truck as every truck is loaded with people and half of the people have to stand. The ride back to station took about 5-10 minutes on dirt road. It could be fun but I thought we were on a hard labor camp truck.
If you only booked for the zipline and you want to go back to the ship to do something else, you better tell your driver (dedicated, not switch or other driver available) that you want to do so right away. Well, we did not do that, so the driver took a group of other people to the beach (second part of their tour), came back and did not tell us anything. By the time we reallized this, we did not have time to go back to the dock just with our group. We had to ride the van to the beach and wait for other people to finish their tour, then come back to the dock at the same time, which also ship return time dead line. We did not have any time to explore or do any thing else such as swimming in the Mohogany Bay. Bad thing is we were at the beach but none of us brought the swim wear. So, we could only waded in the beautiful and warm water.

Packer Town
“March, 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We booked our trip prior to our arrival with At Your Service, Roatan and couldn't have been happier with the entire experience. We scheduled the activity on the morning of cruise ship arrivals, but at 9am before the facility would become crowded. The van picked us up at our resort on West Bay Beach for a 10 minute ride to the zipline. 20 minutes later, after getting the gear on and having a safety and instructional talk, we were zipping through the jungle. The entire facility - stairs, platforms, ziplines, equipment and personnel - was first rate in safety, construction, service and of course beautiful views and location. I was very scared, but excited to do this activity and Marco, one of the guides, offered to accompany me at no additional charge, which I understand is a common service provided by the facility. He was not actually connected to me on the line, but stayed very close by holding my arm or harness most of the time. He held my camera (Yes, you can bring your own camera!) and took many pictures for me the whole time. He was very attentive and aware of my anxiety and showed his experience by knowing just exactly how far he could push me so that I would have a great time, without scaring me. We stopped on some of the platforms to enjoy the view and take photos of the panoramic view of the jungle and sea - just by letting others pass us up in line. You are not pushed to complete the activity in any type of time frame. We felt very safe at all times with the equipment and with the various staff at the 13 platforms. There are a few platforms that you need to walk up a flight of stairs or two, but nothing overly exerting. There are about 5 flights of stairs at the end to get to the bus, but everyone was so pumped up from the ziplining that I didn't hear any complaints at all. We met people on this activity from very young children to a couple in their 70's - all of who loved it. I would recommend wearing tennis shoes, shorts/jeans, t-shirt and put on your bug spray/sunscreen before get there. The cost was $45 per person. We put $20 in the tip jar back at the gift/guide shop, which I understand is split between the guides. We purchased the CD offered (they took pictures at one of the platforms) $10 for a couple/$20 for a family, which I thought was an excellent value with about 20 awesome photos on the CD. There are shirts, etc, in the gift shop for purchase, and a snack bar with beer, thank God coz we needed it after this excitement! There are also lockers available. This was a fantastic activity and I hope to do it again!

Visited March 2013