“The most amazing thing I have ever done!” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Roatan Shore Excursion: Zip 'n' Dip Canopy Tour
Ranked #18 of 130 Outdoor Activities in Roatan
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer 11 zip-lines and 13 platforms through the jungle. This is a tour design for adventure seekers of all ages with great views and long zips.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Ridgefield, Connecticut
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“The most amazing thing I have ever done!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

We just returned from a cruise on August 21, 2011 that stopped in Roatan, Honduras. I found South Shore Zip Line Tours through Trip Advisor -- I was looking for the best tours that didn't go through the overpriced cruise bookings. I was amazed that all of the reviews for this tour were 5/5! In addition, this was the only zip line tour that took young children -- we have 6 year old twin girls. I have to admit that my husband and I were a little wary about doing this -- he is afraid of heights and I didn't know how the kids would do -- but we had always wanted to zip line, so we gave it a try. I am so glad we did! It was the most amazing experience we ever had! The bus ride (air-conditioned) from the cruise terminal was a little long, perhaps 40 minutes, but the tour started on the top of a high mountain, so you can understand why it takes a while to get to the top on narrow, winding roads. Once at the top, we stored our belongings in the lockers, paid for the tour ($45 pp), and we were immediately geared up -- they didn't give us time to think, "What the heck am I doing?" The first zip line was a starter zip line that was only about 10 feet off the ground, and they hooked my six year-olds up and pushed them off alone! They did fine and loved it. Thank goodness, though, for the rest of the zip lines (there are ~13 total) one of the guides took the girls down on his lap. He told me, "Don't worry, Mom, I'll take care of your babies," and he certainly did. The last 12 zip lines were way above the jungle canopy -- you could see over all the trees and sometimes out into the ocean. The whole time, I thought, "I can't believe I am doing this!" In hindsight, I do feel that everything was very safe and we were well taken care of by the numerous guides out on the course. The tour took about an hour from beginning to end. As soon as we were finished, we climbed into the back of a truck for the ride back to the top, my kids said, "Next time we come back here, can we do this again?" I said, "Absolutely!"

dominica
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“one of best tours of the cruise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

Tour booked through Island markeintg for South Shore Zipline Adventures. Family of 7 rated this tour ....The BEST. Guides were fun, calming for those that were a little nervous. Gave those that were adventurous and brave opportunity to do some tricks... with their assistance... Very patient and safe. Not in a hurry to get done with us... Zips were long and scenery was beautiful... especially at the end where you saw the ocean ahead of you at the last stop....

Tampa, Florida
“Absolutely amazing, the best excursion ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

Just got back from a cruise and booked this excursion privately through our travel agent (very inexpensive). I am afraid of heights but figured I would put on a good front considering I am a single mom and had my 10 yr old son and 5 yr old dtr with me. Needless to say, I felt so at ease with the instruction, guides, and beautiful scenery they even had me doing tricks with no fear or hesitation. My 5 year old rode tandem with one of the guides who made her smile from ear to ear and took her as slow or as FAST as she wanted. We took many excursions during our cruise to 4 ports and this was hands down the best. Don't be afraid....you will love it!

Oneonta, AL
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Our favorite excursion!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

We had a wonderful time zip lining with South Shore Tours. We were met by the guide exactaly as described. We drove to the site and were quickly geared up and zipping through the trees. We had a wonderful time and the guides were excellent. They took great care of us and kept it safe. This was our favorite excursion on the cruise. Our only complaint was that we had to wait for quite awhile after we finished to be taken back to our ship. We sat there for about 50 minutes and finally insisted that we be taken back. We had a very short amount of time on the island and we wanted to be able to do some shopping and site seeing before we had to leave. I would highly recommend this excursion.

Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Day Of The Entire Cruise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

I used tripadvisor.com to find things to do in Roatan and after reading the reviews, I booked my excursion for the South Shore Zip & Dip. The reviews were spot on. This was literally the best day of the week long cruise and I highly recommend the Zip & Dip option. Zip lining was a lot of fun, very beautiful and the staff was very professional, fun and friendly!! After zip lining, we headed to the beach. The beach portion just topped the day. An absolutely beautiful beach and surrounding scenery and the people were very friendly! We will look back on our trip and this day will be head and shoulders above the rest of the cruise! Thanks people of Roatan and Tripadvisor.com for making our trip an exceptionally memorable one!