“Heaven and Paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 178 Activities in Roatan
More attraction details
Owner description: Bodden Tours strives to make your trip to Roatan memorable and unique. There's lots to do, let us create a special tour just for you, featuring a private guide/vehicle for your group on our Best of Roatan Tour, Mayan Jungle Canopy Zip-n-Dip Group Excursion, Offshore Snorkeling or Fishing trip, or simply roundtrip transport to West Bay Beach. Don't forget Victor's Monkey Business...spend up-close time with monkeys, parrots and other island animals!
florida
8 attraction reviews
“Heaven and Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I can not recommend anyone better than Victor Bodden's tours.Our driver was Marty who was more like a friend taking us around than just a driver.Marty was fantastic.We had a great time and I want to come back in the future.
We toured the island and ended up where i wanted to go-Foster's on West Bay.I was nervous with all the people wanting you to buy things but we just said no thank you and were left alone.
You have to go to West bay beach.It was so hard to leave because this truly was paradise.The sand was clean and golden.No rocks.The water was crystal clear.I have never been to a better beach.
Marty took us on the way back to the ship to a nice store with great prices to get some Roatan made things.
Thank you Victor and thank you Marty.All i can say is I can't wait to come back again!

Visited September 2012

Denver, Colorado, United States
“Love Roatan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

As a TA I try to book things that I think my customers would enjoy so that I can give them feedback. Loved the Victor Boden tours. We did the zip lining and monkeys then they took us to the beach where we played in the water and had cocktails at a beach side restaurant. By far our favorite day! I will definitely be steering my customers to Victor!!!

Visited March 2012
Goodyear, Arizona
“A Great Day and Amazing Guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My husband and I had been to the island before several years back, but my mother in law and his aunt had not, so I wanted to make sure they got to really experience the island
Francisco Bodden was our guide and he was amazing, so knowledgeable and stopped for us to take photos of some of the most beautiful sights.

He even stopped at a bank for my husband to buy a specific t-shirt he wanted that the bank was sponsoring.

We loved the monkeys the last time we were here, so we for sure wanted to do it again. They are funny little creatures and just jump from person to person looking for anything they can get there little hands on. That part was my most favorite.

We had wanted to go to one of the beaches, but it was raining so hard by the time we were to go, but Francisco still brought us to a beach and was able to put our feet in the beautiful water. Would have liked to have gone in, but the water was just too rough.

We were taken right back to the ship terminal in plenty of time to stop in the shops and back to the ship on time.

I found Bodden Tours via Tripadvisor and wanted to make sure I put down our experience so others would know it is a wonderful company to book with

Atlanta, GA
6 attraction reviews
“All about the Monkeys!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband had his heart absolutely set on getting to play with monkeys and boy, did he get to play with monkeys. He had lots of time in the monkey cages feeding them and playing with them (not to mention laughing when they kept trying to jump on me too). The rest of the day was great too - we had a wonderful driver who took us all over the area and let us see a lot of the diversity of the area. We got some local food for lunch and ate on a hilltop with a great view of the port. We saw the iguana farm (which was also pretty cool) and stopped by the beach for just a bit. The rough weather the prior few days had left the beaches in pretty rough shape, so it wasn't a great day for swimming. All in all, we very much enjoyed the tour and would absolutely recommend Victor Bodden's services.

Be aware if you dock at Mahogany Bay: It's a bit of a hike to get out of the Mahogany Bay / Carnival grounds, but you can catch a cab for a few bucks at the end and get over the last hill. That's going to be the same issue no matter who you go with in that port if you use anyone other than Carnival. We figured they got our money for the cruise, no sense in them getting all our local tourism dollars too. Support local, reputable folks whenever you can - we've found it's almost always a better experience!

Cleveland
12 attraction reviews
“Great Day Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This was our 4th time on the island and this time we decided to not book an excursion through the cruise ship. We booked this online and it was our best experience to date at half the cost of the cruise line. Our guide for the day was Kenny and he was excellent and very curtious. We went sightseeing around the island and then stopped at Victor's house to play with his monkeys, birds and other animals. This was worth the additional $5 cost. We were allowed to enter the monkey and bird pens to play and interact with all of the monkeys and had them jumping all over us. In the bird cages the birds were placed on our fingers for excellent photos.

We also wanted to go to a beach and Kenny took us to West Bay which had a very nice calm beach for a couple of hours. We were never rushed and Kenny spent 5-6 hours with us.This was a better experience than Carnival's crowded Mahagony Bay man made beach.

Bodden Tours provided an excellent experience and I highly recommend their services.