“A delicious taste of Asia in the Guatemalan highlands!” 5 of 5 stars

9 Avenida, 6-79, Zona 1, Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
+502 5214 7829
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Asian
Description: La Esquina Asiatica is located 3 blocks away from Parque Central, the main plaza. It is on the 2nd level, across the street from the yoga house, as well as across from the taiwanese street food store. It is directly on the corner of 9a avenida and 8th calle!
London, United Kingdom
“A delicious taste of Asia in the Guatemalan highlands!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

After many months on the road travelling from Asia to central america this restaurant was, undoubtedly, a favourite of ours during our time in Xela. Fresh delicious food, great atmosphere, helpful staff and the yummiest Pad Thai since I left Bangkok! Not to mention the great value for money. La Esquina comes highly recommended for carnies and vegetarians alike.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

100% Recommend
Xela
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I have eaten here several times, and every time I have been impressed by the food. Really tasty authentic asian food, and served in a homely environment with nice decorations. I would recommend it to anyone passing through Xela.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Perth
“Amazing Asian Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This was such an amazing restaurant. People always rave about the food in restaurants, but I personally think the feel of the place matters too. The surroundings, and the warmth I received from the staff was wonderful. I just felt really at home there.

Needless to say, the food there is amazing. I especially loved the dumplings. There aren't many chinese asian places in Xela, so this was a breath of fresh air for me after being there for 6 months.

Take my word for it, I'm asian, I know my food. Amazing food, amazing people, so friendly and warm.

• Visited October 2012