We stayed this year @ Amatique Bay for the 2nd time. & no matter how high our expectations were we were still not disappointed. We stayed there 2 nights and would have stayed more but they were completely booked on the other nights we were there. It is so beautiful there and we loved it so much last year when we were there we took a bunch of family members and friends with us this time. It is such a beautiful place (did I already say that??) The rooms are in cute little villas. The beach is a bit of a walk from the rooms but it is beautiful the whole way. They have a really, really nice pool area with a bunch of waterslides and a pool bar. It is perfect for the whole family! Slides for adults and slides for children. They made the best nachos. We ordered them every day by the pool. My husband also completely loved the Ceviche. @ night the sunsets are always magnificent. There was a lot more activities going on this time than the last time we were there. @ night on Friday there was supposed to be a bonfire on the beach but just as they had everything set up it started to rain so they moved everything up to the outdoor restaurant (& then of course it stopped raining) and still kept the fun going by conducting a dance contest which was hilarious along with music and a DJ. On Sat night they had a party boat that only cost $20 each (which is really cheap) for unlimited drinks of coke & run & beer. It is fun whether you drink or not. We took pretty much the whole family (except the grandmas and grandpas). Everyone had the greatest time dancing and listening to the music and enjoying the night lights around us. Did I already mention how beautiful the hotel grounds are at this resort? Everyone in our group agreed that this is the nicest resort in Guatemala. It is right on the Atlantic Ocean and is so nice that when the cruise ships stop at this port they have a tour that brings them to this resort. It is great, the people are really friendly. Most of them recognized us from the year prior which to me was crazy, because we only stayed two nights. The staff at checkin was amazing. They were completely booked and we really needed a room to stick some extra people and they offered us a better room for the same price. They really, really saved us. Once you go to this resort you will not want to leave, we never do. If you go to Guatemala and miss this resort you will be missing out!!! We are planning another trip next year to take more friends and family and we cannot wait!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amatique Bay R & M: surrounded by natural beauty, personal service of the highest quality, delicious national and international dishes and a friendly atmosphere, invites you to live your best vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your Amatique Bay Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amatique Bay Resort And Marina
- Amatique Bay Resort & Marina Hotel Puerto Barrios
- Amatique Bay Hotel
- Amatique Bay Resort & Marina Guatemala/Puerto Barrios