“Family owned and good quality” 4 of 5 stars
Review of MC Tropic

MC Tropic
2 Blocks Up From the Main Pier, Main Street | Calle Principal Del Comercio, Livingston, Rio Dulce 502, Guatemala
+502 5558 5656
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Livingston
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai, Asian fusion, Fish & Chips
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Specials: Tapado "Garifuna Soup" made with coconut cream, Sea food and green plantain; Thai curries (Green, red and yellow) conch with oyster sauce, fish & ships, fresh lobsters,grilled fish,Ceviches, Pastas, Vegetarian Food, Coco Burgers. The Strongest coffee drinks from the highlands of Guatemala. Best COCO LOCO!!! HApPy HoUr!! FREE WIFI CONECTION!
Guatemala
“Family owned and good quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I recently visited Livingston and stopped at MC Tropic for lunch, along with 3 italians, a french and a north american.

The food was great, well prepared, good taste and fine quality ingredients.
Among the dishes we ordered was the famous Tapado (local seafood soup with a caribbean twist), Thai Curry, and Fish Ceviche.

We were very well attended and it was a nice feeling watching the owners participating, hands on, in the kitchen and at the counter, doing it all with passion and pleasure.

I would definitively return.
Thank you for the nice experience.

Visited August 2014

• Polish first
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Like eating at the coolest person in town's place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Not only is this food super great, but Melanie and her family are the nicest, most helpful people you will ever meet!! If you come to Livingston for no other reason, come to meet her and to taste the super great food and the best smoothies in town!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Amigos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

To all kind of travellers- i want to share my amazing experience in that place. First and most important- this place gave us high level service like no other place around did. Melenie ,rosa,domingo and all the amazing staff.there is variety of food from all kind and good coktails too : )
We love this place and wish yo all of you have the same experience.
Omer and harel- israel

Portland, Oregon
“Nicest people ever, great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I had one of my favorite experiences in Guatemala both eating at Mc. Tropic and staying with the family who owns it at their hotel right across the street. I highly recommend the tapado soup! It's HUGE and delicious! Also, the Coco Locos are NOT to be missed. The staff and family that own and operate the place could not be nicer people, and I honestly felt like they were my adopted family for the several days I spent in Livingston. I spent more time with them than anyone. They went out of their way to make sure I had everything I could ever want and to make me feel comfortable and at home. I highly recommend Mc. Tropic!!! Don't miss it while you're in Livingston!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Guatemala City, Guatemala
“Ceviche and Micheladas...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

This was my first, but not my last time at his lovely restaurant... We had a refreshing ceviche and micheladas, both to be highly recommended! Excellent and easy to find location on the main street.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant