“Great affordable option right on the center of Livingston” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Rios Tropicales

You added Hotel Rios Tropicales to your Saves list
Hotel Rios Tropicales
Main Street | After Migration Office, Livingston, Rio Dulce 10010, Guatemala   |
Ranked #3 of 10 Livingston B&B and Inns
Denver, Colorado
“Great affordable option right on the center of Livingston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stayed here for one night only, we were staying on a place right on the river, but decided to spend the last night right in Livingston to catch an early boat to Puerto Barrios and continue our trip into Honduras. Roberto and Melanie were extremely helpful and kind. The hotel is simple but charming. The patio is beautiful. Its location is excellent; it is situated on the main street, across the bank and ATM, and half a block from the immigration office. The owners also run McTropic, a nice restaurant across the street from the hotel. Roberto also helped to arrange our trip out of Guatemala to Honduras.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Rios Tropicales G, Owner at Hotel Rios Tropicales, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear LeandroG_526

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we glad that our services as a hotel, restaurant and travel agency were all to your likely. Definitely the location helps a lot when travelers have to wake up earlier in the morning in order to catch the first transfer that leaves to la Ceiba. I am glad you made it! My best vibes to you for this year.

Roberto & Melanie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Caracas, Venezuela
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed here about a month ago during my travels through Central America, and I would highly recommend it! It's in a great location, the decor is really lovely and lovingly done, and the vibe is chill and relaxing. I was traveling alone, and Melanie was extremely cool and helpful to me. Their restaurant across the street is also really nice, and they make great mojitos! It was one of my favorite places I stayed during my trip. I would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Livingston, and I would recommend Livingston to anyone visiting Guatemala!

Room Tip: Single rooms with shared bathroom are very nice and still affordable
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Emily R,

I am happy to hear you have a lot fun around Guatemala specially in Livingston. Thanks for mentioned our great Mojitos made in Mc Tropic Restaurant and i love that you like them. Now we're having new specials infusions coctails so you are welcome to come back again and taste it! Send you positive vibes to you for this new year!

Melanie
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I am going to be honest with you, as I always am in my reviews. I did not stay at the hotel. The reason that I am taking the time to write this review is because of the advice that I have received from Melanie concerning the travel agency portion. This is my first trip to Central America and I have many questions. Melanie has always been very patient with me and very helpful. Whenever I needed to get around within the country, she would use her contacts to hook me up. If you find yourself in Livingston for any reason in the future and need some advice about local areas or neighboring countries, then please don't hesitate to stop in, say "Hola" and get ready for and adventure or an easy transfer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
RIOSTROPICALES_GUATE, Owner at Hotel Rios Tropicales, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Kyle L,

It was always a pleasure to talked to you and gave you all the information you need it, i am happy to hear that our transfer around Central America were to your likely and that you spend a good time on your vacation and for any other traveler that is willing to come to livingston please feel free to contact me in Hotel Rios Tropicales or Mc Tropic Restaurant. ! Safe Travels Kyle L and happy new year 2014.
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

While we were looking for a mid budget place to stay in Livingston. After we checked every place of this budget level (all looked worse than jails) we came back to these simple but nice and clean rooms. And most of all Melanie, the owner. This brilliant girl is so helpful and the one to organize the trip to La Ceiba-Honduras ontime to catch the same day trip to the Bay Islands (a bit expensive though). Their restaurant is also excellent and with nice prices.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Alexandros_T,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we are so glad to hear that you spend a good time in Livingston as well to know that our transfer to la Ceiba and other services were to your completely satisfaction. We look forward to your next visit and happy new year 2014.
Mozirje, Slovenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Hola...

This February I was traveling around Central America whit a group of travelers...In Livingston we stay in Hotel Rios Tropicales...The place has a great garden, great coffee and rooms...And Melanie and Stefanie are just super! They help us a lot and they make our stay as comfortable as possible!
Thank you and hope to see you next year...
Tom

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
RIOSTROPICALES_GUATE, Owner at Hotel Rios Tropicales, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear TomoPet,

Thank you for your nice review, we glad to hear you and your group of travelers enjoy your stay with us. Looking forward of seeing you soon next year! Mel&Steph.
Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed in one of the cheaper rooms with shared bathroom. The room was very basic but clean. The mattresses were a bit too hard and the pillows too thin for good sleep. What is best in this place is the beautiful garden patio with lots of plants, hammocks and chairs. Perfect place for relaxing. The staff were friendly and welcoming and they keep the place really clean. I'd like to also recommend the coffee and the food in their restaurant. Their Tapado was the best we had in Livingston.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
RIOSTROPICALES_GUATE, Owner at Hotel Rios Tropicales, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thank you MiiFinland for your candid comments! We are glad to know you spent a good time with us in Livingston. My apologize if the mattresses and pillows were too hard, we will take this in count for further customers and make sure everybody can have a better sleep in our place. I am happy to read that you liked the coffee and the Tapado in our restaurant Mc Tropic.
See you soon! xoxo.. Melanie!
RF
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We ended up meeting Melanie at the restaurant who kindly offered a peaceful and harmonious place to stay.

It was a wonderful experience coming from all the rest of the friends, including the wonderful couple whom originally were impressed with the place.

Highly recommend whatever your interests are..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Livingston
Posada El Delfin
Hotel Mansion del Rio
Hotel Mansion del Rio
#3 of 4 in Izabal
3.0 of 5 stars 70 reviews

Been to Hotel Rios Tropicales? Share your experiences!