The town itself does not worth the boat fee to it!!! 250q per person for a round trip to see nothing... Don't really understand the big fuss about livingston. Regarding the hostel it self - Iguana is in a middle of a swamp... No kidding, SWAMP. Actually beside the nice personals the place itself is really not that good. Me and my husband arrived to our honeymoon and I strongly suggest that couples won't go there. With the right kind of backpackers I'm sure that is a nice atmosphere, however there is nothing you can do when your whole room is FULL with spider webs, crabs and all kind of insects.
Do yourself a favor - if you are honeymooners, avoide this hostel and Livingstone at all!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa de la Iguana is a friendly fun hostel for world travellers. It is set in a jungle garden with hammock areas. It has a bar restaurant with family style dinners and a lively happy hour. There is fantastic free wifi to keep in contact with friends and family. For the lazy days we have a television area with cable and dvds as well as an international book exchange. We also arrange tours to Belize, La Ceiba, Siete Altares, Playa blanca and Rio Dulce on our pontoon boat Reggae on the River. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Casa de la Iguana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De La Iguana Hotel Livingston
- Casa De La Iguana Guatemala/Livingston