I stayed at the Posada de Santiago for 3 nights, 2 in a stone cottage and one in the Casa Orquidea. Both were lovely. The spacious grounds are absolutely gorgeous. There are plenty of shaded spots to sit and hammocks outside the rooms. Pretty restaurant, good food, helpful staff, large pool overlooking the lake, hotel dock. Beds were exceptional. A few of the guests swam in the lake. The property is on a somewhat steep incline which makes for good exercise and beautiful views but not a good option for people who have difficulty walking. The hotel is located just outside of town. The town itself is poor and offers little in the way of tourism. The last day groundskeepers were wood-fire roasting coffee beans picked on the property in an outdoor kiln in the garden. The hotel can be reached by taking a public boat from Pana to the dock in Santiago (or a private boat to the hotel dock for a lot more $$). The main road is a short walk from the dock where a red Tuc Tuc will take you to the hotel - 5 Quetzals per person to go anywhere in town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over seventeen years the Posada de Santiago has built a reputation for excellence among travel agencies, tour groups, and countless satisfied guests from across the globe. Nestled between the volcanoes that cradle the indigenous Tzutujil village of Santiago Atitlan, the Posada provides the perfect base from which to experience Guatemala's natural beauty and colorful cultures. With charming stone cottage lodgings, renowned cuisine and luxurious lake front amenities, the Posada is a place where happy guests want to return. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelBookers so you can book your Posada de Santiago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada De Santiago Hotel Santiago Atitlan
- Posada De Santiago Atitlan
- Posada De Santiago Hotel Atitlan
- Posada De Santiago Santiago Atitlan, Guatemala - Lake Atitlan