“between terrible to poor” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Kakchiquel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Panajachel
Hotel Kakchiquel
You added Hotel Kakchiquel to your Saves list
Calle Santander, Panajachel, Guatemala   |
Ranked #25 of 29 Hotels in Panajachel
Cancun, Mexico
“between terrible to poor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I slept there only 1 night: the room was noisy all night long, people coming and going at all hours of the night, slamming doors, the beds were absolutely a nightmare and the sheet of one bed were not clean. Wi-Fi not working even in the reception area (they told us it wont work in the room).The staff was accommodating though, and they even managed to serve breakfast at 6am before leaving.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Palmdale, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

First the positive--the staff was very responsive and super accommodating. The bed was comfortable.

Then there was the issue of noise. We were located in room 208 which overlooks a back street. On the first floor of the building across the street was a local tienda. On the third floor was a church. They held worship service until 12 midnight on a Saturday night. Thankfully I had earplugs, but it was a big much. I could also hear others from my group through my closed window. They had the room directly above mine.

The shower had a widowmaker (electrical line that goes straight to the shower head to heat the water there) that didn't work. Cold showers for me!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms don't have windows. Stay away from any of the rooms that overlook the back st...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I've stayed here twice because I have been with a group that was bringing supplies to a
local project. The odor in the room the last time was terrible--I'm talking some kinda
extra strength bug killer! Two of our group had to leave their room because of this and take a room that did not have hot water shower(so they used ours). the hotel furnished a fan to blow
the fumes out of their room but this did not work. The hotel said the odor was from
cleaning supplies but I've been exposed to DDT years ago and I think they used something
like that and it was NOT for cleaning. The rooms are very large, dingy & painted dark colors,& have windows that are very high up and not useful. I will stay elsewhere next time I'm in Pana!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
L.A.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We staying here for one night, the view from our hotel was the next house with a bunch of trash on their ceiling, there was a lot of noise from the floor below where we could hear the phone ringing and the washing machines going.....There wasn´t hot water in our room and the room wasn´t in good shape, outside of our room all the couches had holes on it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Since my 21 member group does not fit into my favorite Pana hotel, Hotel Utz Hay, we stayed at this larger place. All rooms were very clean and nicely appointed.

Pros: big clean rooms, nice towels, friendly staff

Cons: noisy hotel (you can the conversations of folks in other rooms). My side of the hall had great, hot water showers, while the other side of the hall had COLD showers.

The staff could not be nicer with excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE. They gave us a free room to store our luggage for the day. They even let a sick team member stay there for free.

A continental breakfast was included with the price of the room. It was good with excellent coffee.

We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kingsport, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed here after our reservation at the Posada de Don Rodrigo was bumped. This was part of a tour with Friendly Planet. We were supposed to stay at the Don Rodrigo both nights but were diverted to this hotel the first night......not a pleasant experience. The first room we went into hadn't been cleaned. Dog hair, cheetos, and dirty towels on the beds.....the girlfriend was very tired and not pleased in the slightest. The second room was apparently clean but not much better. We ended up going back to the original room after the cleaning crew (one of the night crew) went through it. The smell of the cleaner was a little strong and we spent a fitful night there. The rooms are big, with three beds. I've seen better bathrooms in a fraternity. If you're college kids looking for a cheap place to stay, this would be perfect. Otherwise, look elsewhere.

Room Tip: None of the rooms we saw were any better than the others
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

I visited Pana a couple weeks ago on a dental mission. The hotel was very average and I don't mean this as a negative, rather for the price I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were clean. No bugs and clean linens and towels. A pleasant experience.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Hotel Kakchiquel? Share your experiences!