“Hated it!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in Panajachel
A TripAdvisor Member
“Hated it!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2005

My husband and I made a reservation, in this hotel, to have a romantic time in Panajachel. We talked to the manager (Christine Kennedy) and we arranged our stay.

Eventhough we gave our credit card number, and we had made the reservation, when we arrived they told us we didn't have any reservation at all. That was why I asked the lady to call the manager, so she could arrenged something for us, but.... BIG MISTAKE!!!

When she talked to me, the first thing she told me was: "I'm very busy, this has been the only time I have to go to the bathroom" I was shocked because that was more information, that I even wanted to hear. So I said: "Excuse me?" and she continue repeating the same thing: "I am in the toilet seat" When I could finally asked her if we had the reservation, she said that she didn't have a room for us, and that there was nothing she could do.

My advise, NEVER GO TO RANCHO GRANDE IN!

• Stayed June 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
London, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2005

This is the hotel where celebrities who want to spend a quite and classy time go. Robert Redford was there, and lots of other celebrities who have wanted to keep this place private(Of course!They want it all to themselves). It is very clean, classily decoratyed, it is not near the beach, but they will take you to thebest places and their personnel is so friendly. Lonely Planetsays it is the best place to sstay, and my husband. Their included breakfasts are exquisite. The decor is sooo classy. You should read their guest book. The service is very personal and it's quiet, the gardens are huge and well kempt, so I'm wondering why it is not listed in your best list in Panajachel. It is a find!

• Stayed January 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2004

A well-cared for hotel with an European flavor. The German pancakes for breakfast are great! It is a few blocks from the lake, The rooms are separate from each other, some with fireplaces. Room 7 is the best!

Travelers also viewed these Panajachel hotels
Hotel Atitlan
Porta Hotel Del Lago
Porta Hotel Del Lago
#14 of 30 in Panajachel
4.0 of 5 stars 230 reviews

Been to Rancho Grande Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Rancho Grande Inn

Address: Calle Rancho Grande, Panajachel, Guatemala
Location: Guatemala > Western Highlands > Solola Department > Lake Atitlan > Panajachel
Bar / Lounge Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Airport Transportation
Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in Panajachel
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Rancho Grande Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Rancho Grande Hotel
Rancho Grande Inn Panajachel, Guatemala - Lake Atitlan

If you own or manage Rancho Grande Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.