“Wonderful spot to return to again and again” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 46 Restaurants in Panajachel
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Description: This is one of the most popular coffee shops in Panajachel especially with the ex-pat population.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Wonderful spot to return to again and again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I lived in San Marcos for a while in 2010 and I used to go across the lake to this spot for a cup of joe. Mike was always super friendly (he even helped arrange a nice hotel stay in another town on the lake for my friends and I on a kayak adventure!) and it was a great spot to meet people sitting around the bar. I also liked going and sitting by myself at the little table in the back and reading some of the interesting books they have on the shelf.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Chicago, Illinois
“Great coffee, amazing company”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We heard this was the place to get coffee, some even said it was the best in Guatemala, so we had to try it. I couldn't agree more! The coffee was the best I've ever had. We ended up going almost every day possible. On our first visit, the owner, Mike, gave us a personal tour of his coffee storage and explained the process of how the beans get transported and then roasted/ready to grind and brew. Although we met some amazing people in Guatemala, Mike was one of the most inspiring and gracious. He was genuinely interested in making our visits as positive as possible, and he had some amazing life stories and advice. Even if you are only in Panajachel for an hour, this is a place you need to go!

Visited March 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Mike is the man!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Come for the coffee, return for the good people. Incredible coffee, definitely the best I've ever had, but what struck me most is the owner. Mike is the most friendly person I've ever met. He taught us everything that goes into producing his coffee and showed us as well, all because of a simple question. I can't wait to return! Oh, and his wife's home made pastries are to die for!

• Visited April 2014
Washington
“Best Coffee in Pana”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Not only is the coffee good but you will not feel like a stranger when you walk through these doors! Oh and if you don't try their homemade cinnamon rolls then it's your loss as they are to die for! We love this family, especially after finding out that they were best friends with my brother-in-laws family. Small world. Just take a minute to get to known them and understand that it is a busy busy place. We took many pounds of coffee with us when we left

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Average coffee”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

We sourced this coffee shop because of the reviews and the recommendations we had read.

When we arrived the whole place was jam packed with people. We ordered two americanos and some cake. The coffee was in our opinion over roasted and just tasted very bitter. We did then notice that they had a variety of different beans on offer though when we ordered we weren't asked if we wanted one of those over the house blend. We just thought that the house blend would be better than what we had. As for the cake, its a shame that it was not home-made.

You will find better coffee at one of the cooperatives.

• Visited February 2014