“Awesome location......one of the best hotels in our 5 winters of travelling” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jardines del Lago

You added Jardines del Lago to your Saves list
Jardines del Lago
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Monterrey, Panajachel, Guatemala   |
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Panajachel
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Awesome location......one of the best hotels in our 5 winters of travelling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

Lucky lucky us to have picked to stay here. Virtually nowhere else in all of Panajachell has this breathtaking view from all the rooms, the peacefulness and great standard of rooms too. Very welcome after so many inferior places to stay elsewhere in Guatemala/Mexico. Book here, you won't be disappointed! Breakfast & free wifi included.

Room Tip: Go for top floor
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Hoteljardinesdellago, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Jardines del Lago, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Thank you very much for such a good review. We're very proud of our location;one of the things we envoy the most is the smile of our guests when they first admire the view from the gardens and terrace! Welcoming enthusiastic travelers like you is a pleasure for us and this is the reason why our team would be very pleased to see you again in Jardines del Lago!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

Seems this place might have changed names, I don't know enough to know if its true. The rooms are nice, if small. The bathrooms are nice, if small (can't have 2 people in it) - they are new with beautiful fixtures, wrought iron, tiles, shower - no mildew, no smells, no problem with water temp or pressure - really great place.

But I swear I read a review about edible botanicals at the restaurant? That place is overpriced, a bit slow, and awful food - basic, and not a talented cook. More a regular cook, like I am....They had breakfast buffet outside for New Years Day - wish it was every day....

The lake, dock, etc. is beautiful and people are very helpful.
The have a trampoline: my 6 year old could play on it for hours!!!

Room Tip: Second floor rooms have views from the balcony. First floor rooms do not.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear guest,
Thank you for visiting us and for taking the time to tell us what was great and what, unfortunately, you didn't appreciate. We put great value on both good and bad comments, because it helps us to improve ourselves.

I'm really sorry that you didn't enjoy all of our services, particularly our restaurant; I hope it was just one bad experience, as we offer a wide range of choice, serving both traditional and international food. You might be pleased to know that since the beginning of the year we have a new cooker, and we also hired new staff members, all qualified. About the products, they’re organic and locally produced.

As for the breakfast buffet, we are aware that our guests enjoy it outside on the terrace, or in the gardens. For this reason, we do it regularly, not just for special events such as New Years Day; but if it’s not the case during your stay with us, just ask one of our friendly waiters, and they will set a table for you wherever you want.

Once again, I’m sorry for the inconvenience, and we would be delighted to welcome you for your next visit to Panajachel so that we can make it up to you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

During my life, I have travelled a great deal. I have visited 15 countries, and some countries numerous times. My experience at Jardines del Lago stands head and shoulders above all the hotels where I have stayed, and at a lower price than many hotels in Europe and Latin America. They have a beautiful facility with a world-class view. However, their biggest asset is their employees. I have never before felt as welcome and cared for. All their employees seem very proud of their jobs, and of the hotel. The gardener took time to show me how to propagate poinsettias. They had a New Years Eve Party that put to shame our New Years party last year in Barcelona. I could live happily in this hotel for the rest of my life.

Room Tip: Second floor, room 201. The view is spectacular.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience! This is true that we are very proud of our location, but we are even prouder of the work undertaken by our staff to highlight it, from the gardeners who make the view incredible, to the waiters and their smile, and to the maids who make your rooms so comfy. Come back whenever you want!
Boquete, Panama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

Be right on the Lake a tad away from the bustle of the city but within walking distance. ( city can be noisey at night) Breakfast included which sometimes is a buffet if their visitor census is high enough. Clean rooms, comfortable beds/pillow. Air conditioned. Breakfast included. ( $65/double ) Great spot for peace, rest and views. They have family packages.

Room Tip: Away from dining room / ping pong. All face lake
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

We booked through an agency from Antigua (Ruta Maya) and had an excellent price.Our room was on the second floor so we enjoyed a beautiful view of the lake and the volcanoes.The room was spacious and the bathroom very modern.We did not eat at the restaurant but coffee was excellent. The staff at the reception deck arranged for us a cruise to three villages around the lake. However, we took this trip at mid-day and the waves were high. Later I learned that it is recommended to take a cruise in the morning when the lake is calm. We plan to return to this hotel next year.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Budapest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

We spent 3 nights at the hotel. It is situated directly on the beach, a few minutes walk from the marina and the shopping street. The rooms are comfortable and clean. I missed the refrigerator. The garden is beautiful, the beach was just under construction. It is worth to go to San Antonio and Santa Catarina by boat from the marina. We climbed the San Pedro volcano in 3 hours. That tour was organized by the hotel. The volcano is rainforest-covered, but there is a beautiful view of the lake, and both the Atitlan and Toliman volcanos too.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

I stayed in Jardines del Lago in May 2010 for two nights. If I would have known a place like this existed I would have stayed there the entire stay in Guatemala. We had already booked other hotels and we couldn't cancel. I know some people might think I am exagerating but until you stay in this hotel and see it for yourself you won't know. I have stayed in many hotels in my life and no other has had the service I have received in Jardines del Lago. The staff there is so willing to serve you hand and foot. I was treated better than when I stayed in the Waldorf. Julio, Francisco, Vicente, just to name a few that stand out, were so incredibly helpful. The beauty of these people's treatment toward me and my family was that it seemed like they truly cared. They helped arrange plans to everything and gave us insider secrets. We became friends with this staff and I can't wait to go back. For those like me who are afraid of eating during there stay I would recommend 100% the restaurant in the hotel. I ate breakfast lunch and dinner there and had no problems... Jose Felipe was an excellent cook. He created a masterpiece on our plates. The platters included edible botanicals. Overall Best Hotel stay ever!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Jardines del Lago? Share your experiences!