“Inexpensive hotel with view of Lake Atitlan” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Playa Linda
7a Calle 0-70 Zona 2, Panajachel 07010, Guatemala   |
Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Panajachel
San Francisco
“Inexpensive hotel with view of Lake Atitlan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

I looked on the internet for an inexpensive hotel with a view of beautiful Lake Atitlan and found Hotel Playa Linda. I had stayed at the Buenaventura before as well as the Hotel Uxlabil in San Juan and loved ithem but only had a few days and decided to stay in Panajachel and the prices I found for the San Buenaventura were too expensive. When I arrived I was worried that the hotel was in a busy section of the embarcadero to villages around the Lake, but in the evening and at night it was very peaceful. After the week-end rush of visitors I was asked if I wanted to move to a room with a nicer view of the Lake which I did. It was so lovely to sit out on the balcony looking at the Lake and the lovely garden listening to the birds in the small aviary below. There was a small pool that I didn't use and I never saw in use but maybe that was because there was quite a bit of rain. After the week-end, coffee was brought to my door every morning and everyone was very nice. On the night I arrived it was dark and I was a little reluctant to walk to a restaurant to eat so someone from the hotel accompanied me. I highly recommend that visitors take the boat from the San Pedro pier to San Juan La Laguna if you want to see a village that is still not very touristy. San Juan suffered a lot from hurricane Stan, but there are still beautiful murals on the walls of many of the buildings and very kind and friendly people. Ask for Juan the tuk-tuk driver (#18) who will give you a tour of the village and then a drive along the road to San Marcos with beautiful views of the Lake and volcanoes. He spent several hours with me including waiting while I visited some friends in the village, tour of the coffee cooperative, visits to weaving cooperatives and a medicinal plant garden and the drive to San Marcos. He then walked me to the boat and waited until it arrived--all for 100 quetzales. A wonderfu day.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)

Been to Hotel Playa Linda? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Playa Linda

Address: 7a Calle 0-70 Zona 2, Panajachel 07010, Guatemala
Location: Guatemala > Western Highlands > Solola Department > Lake Atitlan > Panajachel
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Panajachel
Hotel Playa Linda is a longer lineage hotels in Panajachel, Solola. It opened in April 1973 in order to serve the national and international tourism visiting the beautiful Lake Atitlan.From its inception has been concerned to offer a service with the highest standards of quality guests adapting to the needs of our visitors.Today, after more than thirty-five years of experience, the third generation of this history of service, strives to keep this tradition in the care of our guests by ensuring that your stay with us a pleasant experience. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Playa Linda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hotel Playa Linda Panajachel, Guatemala - Lake Atitlan

If you own or manage Hotel Playa Linda, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.