“Could Not Have Been Better” 5 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Book directly with Jenna
Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Panajachel
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Could Not Have Been Better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Jenna was a superb, attentive and responsive host who greeted us warmly and provided invaluable information and assistance throughout our six-day stay. Not to be missed: Jenna's remarkable and varied breakfasts, a different entree each day as well as fresh fruit and mango juice. A comfortable living room and bedrooms, and a lovely patio facing a yard of delightful plants and flowers. Makes you feel right at home. Thanks, Jenna, for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Jennifer B, Owner at Jenna's River Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
It is I who thanks you for choosing to stay here at my bed and breakfast. It was lovely. Thank you for writing such a warm review. Jennifer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

My partner & I stayed with Jenn for one night. I wish I'd found her earlier. Her beds are the softest in allllll of Guatemala (we stayed at several places in the country & my back had never hurt so bad), the rooms are CLEAN and the location is great!! The best part about the B&B are definitely the owner, Jennifer and the breakfasts!! Jenn is friendly, helpful and hilarious! If you find yourself on her couch talking to her you're in trouble. You will lose track of time--yes, she's that entertaining :-)
The food: so delicious and plentiful we skipped lunch. I booked this place bc ppl raved about the reviewed. Jennifer exceeded my expectations.
Oh, the dogs!! Jennifer has 3 very cute pups. They are super sweet & made the place feel like home.
Stay here. You won't regret it.

• Stayed July 2012
Jennifer B, Owner at Jenna's River Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you for writing such a thoughtful review. I'm also sorry you did not come earlier. I think it would have been lovely. I hope you will come back this way again sometime. Jenna
Russellville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We lived in Guatemala for nine years and returned for a visit this month.

My wife and I have just completed a week's stay at Jenna"s Bed and Breakfast. It was fantastic!

Let's start with breakfast. Each morning, Jena prepared a different delicious breakfast. There was always more food than we could eat! Jennifer joined us at breakfast for interesting and informative conversation. We had fresh fruit every morning, followed by a new treat each day. Her home baked bread is better than can be purchased anywhere else in Panajachel.

During the day, when we were too tired to walk about Pana, we rested on her beautiful patio and read, or just visited with Jennifer, or others. Her gardens are full of exotic plants and flowers, all of which were planted by Jenna and her gardener.

Many of our evenings were spent in front of her fireplace, enjoying a mixed drink, or a glass of wine, while we either watched the latest TV shows, or continued our conversations.

Our room was very comfortable, and, of course each of her rooms has its own private bath. Our queen sized bed was perfect, so we slept soundly each night.

Don't tell Jennifer, but she isn't charging enough. Her place is a bargain!

Dan W.

Room Tip: Try the room with two beds in the main house.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Panajachel, Guatemala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I have known Jenna for several years now and must say that even as I have eaten lunch and dinner at her bed and breakfast before, I was recently invited by two of her guests to have breakfast with them at the inn. All of her meals are truly terrific presentations of absolutely wonderful victuals, but her breakfasts are known to be the very best. They feature made from scratch jams, jellies, and entrees. We were introduced to local fresh fruits, homemade granola, absolutely amazing crepes, homemade yogurt, molasses syrup, homemade blueberry jam and other delicious delights. No wonder that people rave about her meals.
I also must mention that since I live in Pana and have never actually stayed as a guest at the inn, the people I have spoken to who have been that fortunate, tell me that the beds are the most luxurious they have encountered while in Guatemala.
Jenna gives everyone the personal attention that separates her bed and breakfast from all the others, whether it be sitting down with guests and mapping out an itinerary or taking them to see some unique feature around Pana. She will deliver them to and from the airport in the city, take them on a day trip of their choosing and doing her utmost to see that their stay in Guatemala will be one that they will remember for years to come. Absolutely the BEST!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Guatemala City, Guatemala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Jenna is a great welcoming person. She also cooks fantastic, we had the English breakfast, with Guatemala coffee of course, the best. She has a beautiful garden, from which we ended up taking a plant, we asked for permission of course. We'll return every time!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

jenna was very helpful at helping us arrange transportation for the rest of our trip as well as give tips and suggestions. her place is very clean and roomy. and her breakfast was outstanding! its in a very convenient location. although we didnt get our complimentary bottle of wine.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, Owner at Jenna's River Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 7, 2012
Thank you for writing such a nice review. Let me correct something with you though. The complimentary bottle of wine is available when you stay at least 3 nights with me. Unfortunately you were here only two nights. Maybe we can lure you back to Atitlan for a longer trip next time. It would be my pleasure to assist you with a second trip. Kind regards, Jenna.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Jenna helped me plan my trip in detail, arranging shuttles, flights, boat trips, restaurants, coffee, entertainment. She made it all so easy and saved me a lot of money.
She is adorable and her home is like your own except in Guatemala! We never seemed to stop laughing and sharing ideas. I had a wonderful time and could hardly bare to leave. She is an amazing resource, a creative person and makes the very best breakfasts!!!
I recommend her to all my friends . It could not have been better.
She has a wonderful garden replete with birds, butterflies, dogs and all right in the center of Panajachel close to absolutely everything. I can hardly wait to return.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Jenna's River Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!