“Super fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Super fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Friendly staff. Nature at its best-mountain, lake and star-filled sky. Super delicious meals. totally relaxing best spa services ever. Lovely accommodations. Great in every way. I never knew OSS-grid living could be so good.

Room Tip: Mayan suite
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
TOSALL, Owner at TOSA La Laguna, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Hello Jean! We smile at your review as we are always delighted when people discover that you can be 100% off-grid and earth friendly without compromising quality and luxury! Thank you for noticing and we agree, the meals and spa are amazing! As is of course the stunning natural beauty of Lake Atitlan and our protected nature reserve. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Rio Dulce Guatemala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Two lovely men, Feliciano and Daryl met us at the airport in Guatemala City with the Tosa shuttle. Both were genuinely kind and caring. I knew we were in good hands.

The drive was interesting for me in that I had not often travelled the picturesque back way to Lake Atitlan. Upon arriving in San Lucas Toliman a short trip by lancha brought us to Tosa. I looked ahead and could see buildings and footpaths built into the cliffside all the way up the side of a mountain. I was a little doubtful.

Were the foot paths and domes arranged so as to heighten one's awareness? If so, those details worked, for me, at least. It only took one trip up to our gorgeous dome to get over my initial apprehension and settle into the bliss and enchantment that is Tosa.

Lucien and Lira were magnificent. We got a welcoming foot massage and a nice drink, Lucien's cooking was wonderful. We both had the special Avesa treatment which is well worth it. It was a wonderful way to begin our trip to Lake Atitlan.

I thank Paula who recommended this to us. Kudos to the owners.

Room Tip: Choose the dome, I think it is called Zen.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
TOSALL, Owner at TOSA La Laguna, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Greetings Daphne! Thank you for your kind review and sharing. Yes, the Zen dome is a very special place to stay as are all of our domes that dot the mountainside. We always do our best to make sure that every inch of TOSA La Laguna is safe and welcoming and are delighted you found it to be that way. We have placed much attention on the Avesa spa and the quality of our 100% organic Guatemalan artisanal products and the training of our staff. Please feel our heart-felt appreciation for you and we look forward to seeing you again.
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

La Laguna was beyond expectations. I could not have asked for anything better. I look forward to returning once again. The dinning was exceptional, and the staff offered service with a smile. The overall experience was awesome in every way.

Room Tip: My friends and I all had beautiful rooms with fantastic views.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
TOSALL, Owner at TOSA La Laguna, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you Raymond! We are delighted you enjoyed the service and the meals. Creating unique meals with great flavors is always a treat for us and our entire staff appreciates your sharing. We look forward to seeing you again as well. With much appreciation!
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

To celebrate my retirement, I gave myself the gift of travel to Guatemala! I was looking for a place that would "call" to me. A place where time would melt away and I could "let go" and find a "new" or should I say, a "part of me" I had almost forgotten! When I saw the great reviews about Tosa La Laguna, and saw the beautiful pictures I was intrigued. When I spoke to "Kat", who was so genuine and reasurring,I knew Tosa was for me! I was met at the airport by Feliciano, (with his TOSA sign) who then took us to Lake Atitlan, and the Tosa La Laguna boat. We were personally greeted on arrival and welcomed with a refreshing beverage! ( I felt pampered already!) The "casita" rooms were unique,comfortable and gave one private views of the lake. Exceptional staff,provided delicious and creative vegan cuisine,and great spa treatments like facials ,massage and steam...What I loved most was to swim in the exquisite lake, relax, melt into the sunset, and journal to my content! Tosa, where time melts away!

Room Tip: For even more pampering, gift yourself with extra luxury and request "the Royal Suite"...
TOSALL, Owner at TOSA La Laguna, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Hello!
We agree that time does indeed melt away while at TOSA La Laguna, as a matter of fact one of the most common parting comments we hear is how so many people wish they had booked a longer visit. Thank you for gifting yourself with the time to fully relax, and rediscover yourself. We look forward to seeing you again in 2013.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I had the delight to spend time at TOSA La Laguna in December. I wasn't sure what to expect, but was pleasantly surprised on all levels.The location on the lake is amazing and the view from the room was great. Wonderful panoramic views of the lake, mountains and volcanos. Before I arrived, I hadn't thought about having any spa services, but once there, had a massage and ozone chamber treatment and glad I did. Both were great. I only had a couple of days, so didn't get a chance to explore some of the other possibilities that sounded interesting.

The staff was friendly and attentive. We had an issue with the water at one point, but it was corrected immediately and with smiles. The food was good and the sunset dinner views from the deck amazing. The lake there is perfect for swimming, though I spent more time in the kayak. Great relaxation place and I will be considering it again for next year.

TOSALL, Owner at TOSA La Laguna, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
HI Anton, We are so grateful that you were able to relax and enjoy some of the unique experiences we have available at TOSA La Laguna. We agree that the views are for sure amazing and even while in the Ozone steam chamber you can enjoy the full majesty of the lake! Many of our guests find that kayaking on Lake Atitlan is a wonderful experience and we are glad you did too. We look forward to seeing you next year.
Bridgewater, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

TOSA La Laguna is a special place to reconnect with the sacredness of life, all while staying a one of the most beautiful places on the planet. The accommodations are very peaceful and fulfilling, and the food you can tell is made with love and integrity. I've been to TOSA La Laguna twice as of this writing, and each time the effects of my visit have transformed my life is very positive ways, many of which are still unfolding. I know I will visit many more times over the course of my life, and I am grateful for the opportunity to do so.

Room Tip: As this is a "vertical" retreat center/spa, make sure you have the capacity to make the wa...
TOSALL, Owner at TOSA La Laguna, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Hello Wendy, It is always a pleasure to welcome you back to TOSA La Laguna and we appreciate your kind words and sharing. TOSA La Laguna is most definitely a one-of-a-kind experience and we strive to offer each person a customized stay to achieve their personal goals while on site. We look forward to seeing you again.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

was so excited to discover Guatemala- I never thought I will have the most amazing time of my life !
The hotel has a unique style, and so much fun things to do! We took some excursions and spa treatments - their products were over the top!!!
I enjoyed every minute and felt absolutely spoiled.
Like I was in some secret hideout for stars! The staff was SO adorable and helpful.
If you are looking for a special experience I highly recommend Tosa La Laguna!
Peace serenity, first class food (Its vegan and I thought I will lose weight but I rather gained from all the seconds I had.. and thirds...). Their spa is very special- had treatments I never even heard of!
I can’t wait to go back, hopefully very soon!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
TOSALL, Owner at TOSA La Laguna, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Hello Angelica, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we are truly honored to have hosted you. Our entire staff works tirelessly to assure you have an amazing experience on all levels and your kind words brings them great joy. Our spa products are uniquely Guatemalan, all artisanally crafted using 100% organic ingredients. They are literally so pure you could eat them. We worked hard to bring them to life and along with allowing you to feel amazing they support our local Mayan villages as well. We would look forward to welcoming you back very soon.