“Beautiful” 5 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Viator
Private Tour
$154*
and up
Private Tour: Lake Atitlan Boat Tour and Santiago...
Activities: Fishing
Cartersville, Georgia USA
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Maybe not the most beautiful lake in the world but on a nice day it will give any a run for their money. Main thing to see is the boat ride to visit the villages around the lake.

Visited October 2013

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ann Arbor, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Lee Beal - Family trip to Lake Atitlan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We just got back from a family trip to Guatemala. Our trip to Lake Atitlan was a huge highlight. The lake is unmatched in terms of beauty and the tour that Lee Beal at Kayak Guatemala put together for my family was outstanding. He designed a tour to specifically meet our needs that both educated and entertained my teenagers and 7 year old (no easy feat!). Don't miss a chance to visit this amazing place.

Visited August 2013
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A must see in Guatemala and maybe the world...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Atitlam is an incredibly nature beaty. Blue lake sourrounded by volcanos the views you get to see here are highly enjoyable.
Your tour to Atitlan should enclude: - El Mirador- in you way to Panajachel you can stop at the Mirador take your first pictures and just chill for a moment. If you are in a rush to shop youll see interesting stuff here but best is yet to come. -Panajachel- walk trough the maim street were you'll enjoy of several cafes, restaurants and handcrafts. - Towns around the Lake - I would recomend Santiago Atitlan as the best option, for the nice views you can get on you way. And because the town offers so many options of really beatiful handcrats. In second place I would recomend San Pedro right besides Volcan San Pedro or San Antonio Palopo where you can buy pottery hancrafts and visit the workshop where they made it. The town is not that pretty but is nice to see the workshop and talented man painting.
Of you are looking for a nice place to stay, we tried Casa Palopo a boutique hotel, and it was perfect.

Visited August 2013
San Francisco, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“OK, it's a beautiful lake”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

To be sure, the lake is beautiful with surrounding volcanoes. I guess I just don't understand much of the allure otherwise. My boyfriend and I stayed in Pana...we actually liked it there more than other places we visited around the lake. We did a boat tour - 4 villages. Not worth it in my opinion. These are traditional villages, however, with a one day boat tour maybe one just doesn't see much of the traditional side. I saw too much of expat settlements in San Marco and San Pedro which was not very appealing. I wish i would have done a bit more homework about the place and done activities other than the boat tour. Maybe I would have appreciated it more?

Visited July 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Fantastic and tranquil”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

When you are in the boat make sure you sit in the back otherwise when the boat slams up on the waves it hurts!!!!

There is a pull off on the road for you to get out and take wonderful pictures of the lake from up high

Visited July 2013