“Guate's Eco-friendly Nest” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Piedraluna Hotel

You added Piedraluna Hotel to your Saves list
Piedraluna Hotel
3.5 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   15 calle 10-62 zona 10, Guatemala City 01010, Guatemala   |
Ranked #28 of 47 Hotels in Guatemala City
Washington, DC
“Guate's Eco-friendly Nest”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

To head straight out of Guatemala City’s La Aurora airport on a 45-minute ride to Antigua just sounded like a giant cop-out to me. So while I eventually made it there, I decided to nest at the eco-friendly Piedraluna Hotel for a few days, and enjoy Guatemala’s capital.

I was the only one staying in the hotel, where the manager Gabriela, the restaurant staff, and the security all made me feel like the ultimate VIP. I may have had the impression that the hotel could serve as a secret destination for an important minister or two, but income is income in an emerging economy, and I felt it added to the allure of this fascinating hotel.

The feel of the neighborhood is much like Fortaleza, Brazil, with armed guards and heavily fortified walls all around, but the location is convenient and as long as your driver picks you up directly you’re going to feel safely satisfied.

Rooms are high-quality Danish style, spacious, and fairly quiet for sleeping. Reading materials on the coffee table included a hip Guate mag and El Economista. A little office is reserved for guests to use the computer with free wifi. Gabriela was an accommodating manager and proactive in her recommendations, if not always present.

Fifteen million people live in Guatemala and three million of them live in the capital city. I can’t imagine not having rubbed elbows with hundreds of them on a Sunday along Avenida Sexta or seen the Palacio Nacional, and my dinner at the nearby restaurant, Casa Chapina, was the best during my entire Guatemalan adventure. No matter how many times others urge you to flee the capital, think twice about it and make your reservation at Piedraluna.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
San Salvador, El Salvador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

It is not often that you stumble across a jewel that is not listed in all of the tourist hotel directories. The jewel I speak about is Hotel Piedraluna in Guatemala City. I had the pleasure of being their guest for more than four weeks on my business stay. I found Piedraluna to be a refreshing option for a long term business stay. I am so grateful to the Grabriella, one of the management team members and all of the supporting staff. Gabriella was professional, gracious, and a true asset to the Piedraluna organization. I was so impressed with how the staff of this hotel went out of their way to constantly accommodate me as a guest. I especially want to thank Piedraluna leadership for their understanding and flexibility. For anyone who feels language may be a barrier to your stay, don’t! Gabriella is a multilingual professional and surrounded by a staff whose heart is bigger than any language barrier.

Prepare yourself for a contemporary oasis in the middle of the bustling city of Guatemala City. I was fortunate to stay in a spacious two story loft. One word spectacular! From the amazingly comfortable King size bed to the fully functional kitchen with sink, cook top, fridge and microwave, I felt totally at home even though I was more than 2000 miles from my home in Atlanta, GA.

I could go on and on about this place. I will say that I would love to be their guest again soon. I want to again thank them for being outstanding hosts and making my stay a very pleasant experience.

Room Tip: The hotel will frequently award a complimentary night for staying over 4 nights.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

My family of 4 comfortably stayed for 2 nights in one of their rooms. The room was very clean and modern. The breakfast was great and you get 2 free every day. I would recommend this to anyone. My family and I even had an early morning flight where we left at 4 in the morning and they were sure to have staff awake and available to help us even then. They are very flexible and accommodating.

• Stayed July 2013
guatemala
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Excellent location
Great hotel that is close to the airport. Nice rooms, clean and modern, friendly staff, good food in the terrace restaurant.
I stayed for 3 nights I was in a business trip and the location was great. and calm

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Piedraluna Hotel? Share your experiences!