“A good place to stay in Guatemala City” 4 of 5 stars

8th. Avenue 14-17 Zone 1, Guatemala City 01001, Guatemala   |
Special Price
15% off room rate
Oaxaca
“A good place to stay in Guatemala City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

This hostel is close to the main Street which takes you to the main square of Guatemala City. It's very easy to catch the trans metro since there is a station just next to it or if you walk a couple of blocks you get to the intersection of the three lines of the transmetro. The rooms are good, the kitchen is big, good internet connection.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Campbellton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Me and the other 7 girls who were traveling with me, slept there the first night in the country of Guatemala. It's very close to the airport, maybe 15 mins depending on the trafic. When you get Inside you forget that you are in Guatemala city because everything is so cozy, there are hamacs, puffs to sit on, a fruit tree, ... They put music on to play all day which is really nice. We actually plugged in my friend's iPod for a while. I felt very safe, they lock up the place very good. When we went, there was a guy from Québec city working, it was only his third week in Guate, he took us out to eat, to the market and to walk around the city. They have lockers to put your stuff in, which I was happy about. I really liked this place, it was also VERY clean, bathrooms included. I really enjoyed my stay there, if I go back to Guatemala city, I will sleep there.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

All was good,the hostel is clean, is safe,the breakfast is free,hot watter,and very easy to pay,the people is kind, i can find persons of all world ,and i can make good friends.Very good place.I love it.Was a great experience.

• Stayed May 2014
Cologne, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I stayed there the last night of my trip through guatemala. the whole crew is very friendly and helpful. they even try to show you an authentic guatamela by visiting a concert together (crew and hostelvisitors) of a local band. Thank you for a special last night!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

San Jose, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

A new hotel and I can see that they are putting effort into making it great. Are very helpful. We made a reservation for a dorm because that is all they had and when we got their my gf and I asked for a private. One of the workers gave up his room and moved in two beds for us. We only paid 93 or 95q each. This is probably one of the cheapest hostels that I found in Guatemala City. The only draw back was that there is only one bathroom for men and one bathroom for women for all to share. However, they said they would be doing renovations to make more bathrooms.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

I was supposed to stay 3 nights in this hostel and I finally ended up staying one week. The location is great, near by shops, cheap restaurants.. The staff is lovely and helpful and the hostel facilities are good. I had a really nice stay there and I definitely recommend it if you want to meet young backpackers. Would stay there again!

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

My friend and I needed a place to stay for one night, since we were catching an early flight to Nicaragua the next day. We found this place on hostelworld.com and it had decent reviews. First off, the airport pick-up and drop-off was an additional $6 each way, I wouldn't have been bothered by it had the price per person / per night had been more reasonable. For 1 person / per night in the dorm room, it came out to be $20. Very overpriced, especially for what we got. My bed had ants crawling on the bed sheets, there was no hot water in the shower, and the Wifi was down. This was problematic since we needed Wifi to do research on our trip and do online check-in for our flight. It is also located in Zona 1 which is considered the more dangerous area of Guatemala City. Will not be staying here again, unfortunately.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Juan Pablo F, Gerente at Theatre International Hostel, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Frances,

we really appreciate your comments and we would like to deeply apologize for all the inconvenients that we had made to you.
This is a bussines that we just have started and that´s why we are very thankful about your comments because thats how we are going to improve in the future.

Regards,