“safe and sound in dangerous guat city” 5 of 5 stars

Hostal Hermano Pedro Guatemala
Save Saved
You added Hostal Hermano Pedro Guatemala to your Saves list
Hostal Hermano Pedro Guatemala
6ta. Avenida | 20-53 Zona 13 Colonia Aurora II, Guatemala City 001513, Guatemala   |
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
“safe and sound in dangerous guat city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Arturo was waiting at the airport for me and whisked me away from the confusion. My room was clean,the staff and owners were charming! Delta lost my bag and the owner took me himself for no charge. Slept like a child and breakfast was awesome! A bit more expensive than I usually do but to b safe in one of the world's most dangerous cities is priceless and so worth it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Granada, Nicaragua
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I booked a room through Hostelbookers, and then the day before arriving I received an email from Hostel Hermano Pedro canceling my reservation. I lost my booking fee and scrambled to find other accommodations. They offered a more expensive room with some other hostal. No thanks! Below is the email in broken English, they sent me.

FROM HOSTAL HERMANO PEDRO:
Hola Sr. David ,,sorry but we don´´t have room for you , we have a big group , and they have your reseration is Jun/2012,, are 23 oersons for 3 days, I close my sit in Hostelbookers,, I don´t now, send your reservation Hostelbookers,,,,,,but we have solucion at your problems , we have one friend have Hostal too,, they have room ,only we need know your fly informacion is for pick up you to Internacional Airoport ok,, the price is the $40.00 in doble room ,,is ok,, we need your reconfirm please,,,,, sorry, but when you go,, here you have your room ,,with price $30.60, but you pei 10%,, these is my Hostal, if you want ok,,, here is your house,, you send one email for the reservation.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

The place is pretty good, rooms are clean, breakfast was great.
Prices are pretty average for that area.
The only problem is the owners have some trouble picking and dropping people at the airport.
On our first night they forgot to pick us up and we had to find some way to call thrm from the airport.
When we called them they picked us up and apologized.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
La Paz, Bolivia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Caught the long 19hour bus from Nicaragua and didn't arrive til after 11.30 but was greeted with a friendly smile.
Room was clean and had decent wifi and the shower was warm. In the morning the breakfast was tasty and fresh. For the price, it was great.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Isla de Ometepe, Nicaragua
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

This family run place is in a safe area in the center of Guatemala City. The room I was staying in was clean and provided hot water, free breakfast and also attention was very friendly and helpful even I arrived late and couldn't find the hostel in first place. I recommend you to get in touch with them and use their transportation once you arrive to town. All in all the hostel is quiet, clean and safe and I will go back when I come to Guatemala City again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
sussex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Hostal Hermano Pedro is an awesome place to stay on a budget in Guatemala City. The locaion is prime, just a few minutes from the airport. The staff are friendly, and the rooms are great. It doesnt have a hostel feel, more like a quaint bed and breakfast. The breakfast in the morning is delicious, and the bathrooms are very spacious.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

Appreciated the ride from the airport and back, especially as our flight arrived 2 hours late. Feels more like a bed and breakfast, as we were in a bedroom of a home. Breakfast was wonderful.

We also took advantage of their property in Tikal (El Remate), but left after one night because it felt much more like what you would imagine a hostel would be: paper-thin walls, crying children, malfunctioning toilet, and primitive bathroom. Perhaps if you like roughing it, then you would love this place.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hostal Hermano Pedro Guatemala? Share your experiences!