“Do not go to this Hostel!!!” 1 of 5 stars

You added Jack Rabbit Hostel to your Saves list
Jack Rabbit Hostel
15 Calle A, 7-52 Zona 13 Aurora 1, Guatemala City 01013 , Guatemala   |
Zurich, Switzerland
“Do not go to this Hostel!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We booked one night in this hostel over www.hostelworld.com and wish we didn't. We had an early flight the next day and wanted to stay next to the airport. Do not bother and book with this hostel, because there are plenty other around which are much better. First after I got my confirmation after booking I sent an E-Mail to the hotel regarding the airport drop-off, did not get any answer at all. Second we were searching this hostel for more than an hour with a taxi. We ask in a hostel that is called "Aeropuerto Guesthouse" and they said they didn't know. Furthermore all people in the street never heard about a hostel called "Jack Rabbit". After that we went to GuateFriends Hostel, the owner there was very friendly and I looked up again in my confirmation if I got the wrong adress. No it was everything correct. We called the phone number from my confirmation, no answer. With luck I find another phone number in Facebook. A lady picked up and told me that "Jack Rabbit" equals "Aeropuerto Guesthouse" but they don't have a sign or anything in front of the hostel. So we went back there for asking again and now a Lady opened the door. I told her I made a reservation but she only kept asking me how much I would pay for my room. So we just decided to go back and stay with Guatefriends. Much better decision. Furthermore it is also recommanded to be cautious with hostelworld.com, because after sending them an e-mail of complaint, didn't get any answer as well.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

1 review from our community

Been to Jack Rabbit Hostel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Jack Rabbit Hostel

Address: 15 Calle A, 7-52 Zona 13 Aurora 1, Guatemala City 01013 , Guatemala
Location: Guatemala > Guatemala Department > Guatemala City
Ranked #18 of 30 Specialty Lodging in Guatemala City
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelBookers so you can book your Jack Rabbit Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Jack Rabbit Hostel Guatemala/Guatemala City

If you own or manage Jack Rabbit Hostel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.