“A piece of my heart remains at the Posada Belen” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Posada Belen Museo Inn

You added Posada Belen Museo Inn to your Saves list
Posada Belen Museo Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13 Calle a 10-30 Zona 1 | Historic Center, Guatemala City 01001, Guatemala   |
Ranked #7 of 48 Hotels in Guatemala City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“A piece of my heart remains at the Posada Belen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2006

My trip to Guatemala was wonderful, thanks to the caring and detailed assistance of Francesca and Rene the proprietors of the charming Posada Belen.

This was a wonderful base from which to journey to various places in Guatemala. Because Rene and Francesca both speak English, this gave me comfort since my Spanish is only pasable. They made all of my arrangements for me, which ensured a wonderful journey to places that were beyond my imagination.

In addition, the staff were attentive and caring. I looked forward to hearing them welcome me each time I retured. I will never forget them.

The food was fabulous and the location was within walking distance of banks, the Telgua office for phone cards, restaurants, the central market for arts and crafts as well as many historic buildings.

Because Guatemala City is like many large cities, one should take precaution while visiting. Fortunately the security system is very good at the Posada, thus ensuring a very safe environment. As a single woman traveling alone, this was important to me.

I know that one day I will return because a part of my heart remains at the beautiful Posada Belen in Guatemala City.

Adela

• Stayed January 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2005

My sister and I just got back from our tour of Guatemala. Choosing to book with the Posada Belen was our best decision. Franchesca and Rene made us feel at home from the moment we arrived. We left feeling like the staff were like family members. The tour which included transportation, airflight to Tikal, guided tours and border check into Honduras, was organized and went without a glitch, which says a lot in a foreign country. The other hotels chosen by Franchesca were charming, clean and unique. Guatemala is a beautiful country and the people are very friendly and helpful. My sister and I both agree that it was the vacation we wanted/needed and then some. Feel free to contact me, if you have any particular questions.

• Stayed August 2005

Been to Posada Belen Museo Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Posada Belen Museo Inn

Address: 13 Calle a 10-30 Zona 1 | Historic Center, Guatemala City 01001, Guatemala
Location: Guatemala > Guatemala Department > Guatemala City
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Airport Transportation
#2 Best Value Hotel in Guatemala City
#4 Business Hotel in Guatemala City
Hotel Class:3 star — Posada Belen Museo Inn 3*
Posada Belen is located in a fine colonial style home built in 1873 converted into an intimate Museum Inn, centrally located in a quiet street of the historical center of Guatemala City about 3 miles north from the airport (10-15 Minutes), run by the same family since opened in 1972 to international tourism. Posada Belen was slowly transformed from a colonial style home into a very special inn. Highly recommended in most important travel guides and by former guests/friends, with over 300 authentic registered Mayan artifacts on display as well as unique antique handicrafts plus many primitive paintings makes Posada Belen a true Museum, but most of all we are a clean, safe, centrally located, quiet, moderately priced, with good beds, great food, friendly relaxed atmosphere, and authentic HOME to start, end or organize your journey in Guatemala. We are conveniently located to visit any of the museums in Guatemala city, walk to the relief map, national palace, central market (lowest prices in the country for handcrafts), visit the pre classic Mayan ruins and museum of Kaminal Juyu, dozens of monumental churches , We are blocks away from the bus stations to Tikal, Xela, Antigua, Coban, Chiquimula, Rio Dulce. Etc. Shuttles are also available from the inn door. Guided walking City tour is available, Guatemala city is important if you really want to understand our culture and its history. We will be happy to help you with your itinerary and up to date travel and safety information. The Posada Belen is especially safe for women traveling alone. We have a pick up service available at any hour of day or night to all persons who will like to have a friendly and safe welcome into Guatemala's airport for about the same price as a taxi (depending on the arrival time from $10 to $15), we know we are not for everybody, our clients are usually smart people with lots of travel experience, who are looking for comfortably way to enjoy true Guatemalan culture and also likes to stay in a place with character. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, HostelBookers and Despegar.com so you can book your Posada Belen Museo Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Posada Belen Museo Hotel
Hotel Posada Belen Museo
Posada Belen Museo Inn Guatemala/Guatemala City

If you own or manage Posada Belen Museo Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.