“wonderful hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Casa Grande

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Guatemala City
La Casa Grande
You added La Casa Grande to your Saves list
Av. La Reforma 7-67 | Zona 10, Guatemala City, Guatemala   |
Ranked #14 of 47 Hotels in Guatemala City
Calgary
“wonderful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stayed in this hotel the first night of our trip and the last two nights. It was a great place full of charm and warmth. The hotel arranged for a taxi to pick us up at the airport and given our late arrival that was a welcomed service. The place is more like a home than a hotel and the staff made us feel relaxed and peaceful. The plants cascading down the walls of the dining room create a little tropical paradise. The food was tasty and the bread was the best I've had with exception of my mother's. Although it was late, the waiter opened the bar for us to have a nightcap. There are small sitting areas around the hotel and we enjoyed our interaction with the other guests. A few blocks from the hotel are several streets of restaurants and the Ix Chel and Popol Vuh museums are within walking distance (1 km).

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This hotel is ideal for couples wanting a peaceful and quiet time (especially if they have children). The staff were always willing to help with all our requirements and this we appreciated a lot.

The moment we arrived me and my wife were given a bottle of water and our bags were taken up to our rooms. After a long flight, we had no more energy to do do any carrying.

I want to give a big thank you to Gloria and Freddy who took care of us. We will be returning next year to La Casa Grande and I hope it will be as good as our experience this year.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lake Atitlan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I have stayed at a variety of hotels in my years in Guatemala. At times I prefer the new and modern, but lately I have been taken with a mood of nostalgia. When you walk into the lobby of La Casa Grande it is like stepping onto a Humphrey Bogart movie set. Classic elegance is the key to this hotel. The amenities are up-to-date and beds and linens are super nice. The staff have all been working at this hotel for years, and this is shown in the pride they take with every service. I can highly recommend this hotel. If you have business at the US Embassy, you can not get any closer.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Olive Branch
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I stayed here in May of 2012 for 4 nights while visiting my friend that lives in the city. I came during low season so there were not a lot of people in the hotel and i felt i had the whole place to myself. The rooms were large and clean and i had a/c in my room which is standard in the U.S. but not so much in Guatemala. The beds are very comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I loved the architecture and feel of the building. It felt like you were a guest in a mansion. The U.S. Embassy is only a block away which was comforting to know and it is very easy to hail a taxi at the entrance to the hotel. They provide free computers for your use and serve the best breakfast. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I had Room 28 upstairs and loved it.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Marin County, Calif
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We just stayed two nights at the Casa Grande Hotel which is about a block from the US Embassy. The service was great. Easy, safe parking in gated courtyard with the front desk staffed all hours. The breakfast was very tasty with a delicious fresh fruit plate, warm, delicious bread rolls and I love getting our own pot of coffee on the table. Breakfast is not included in the room price as it is with many hotels. They were very accommodating and made me some little breakfast sandwiches to go one day. It is an interesting building with authentic historic interest. The room was comfortable and very spacious, but felt a little musty like staying at an elderly relative's house. It was fairly empty, although when some other guests were checking out in the wee hours of the morning, we could hear their every word of those big, booming southern accents! Before our trip, I emailed several times with questions and got quick responses in English which made planning easy. They didn't take a deposit upon reservation or even upon arrival which was a little weird, but rates were all just as we had been quoted when it came time to check out. We had a room on the second floor in the rear wanting to get away from the traffic noise. That particular room had windows to the interior courtyard and to the back, so was still a bit noisy due to the older construction, single pane windows. For the price, service and convenience of location, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

The Casa Grande is a nice, large, distinctive hotel. When we stayed there, however, we appeared to be just about the only guests. The hotel felt empty rather than filled with lively activity.

Facilities are fine. Rooms are cozy. Staff are helpful. Rooms have TVs and telephones. The hotel is very secure.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

We have stayed at the Casa Grande twice (in 2008 and 2009), last time for 2 and half weeks. Freddie and Gloria who run the hotel are wonderfully helpful and friendly. They speak English and will help you out with anything. They arrange short and long distance taxi service (with fluent, English speaking driver). Rest of staff are lovely. Hotel itself is beautiful old building with gorgeous terraces and courtyard. Is near to restaurants and bars, book shops, shopping malls and cafes. Breakfasts are great! Children are doted upon!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to La Casa Grande? Share your experiences!