“Spent 10 months there” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 47 Hotels in Guatemala City
Bogotá, Colombia
“Spent 10 months there”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

I worked in Guatemala City during 2010 and my experience at this hotel was overall good. I got a nice one bedroom apartment with two double beds, nice closet, dresser, TV, bathroom, living room with one more TV, dining room and kitchen with refrigerator, microwave, blender, coffee brewer, pots, pans and dishware. I had a very nice view of the Volcán de Agua. It included, shuttle to and from the airport, breakfast and internet service. It has a very good location at Zona 10 where you can find excellent restaurants and is very close (walking distance) to 3 very nice malls. (Fontabella Plaza is beautiful). Staff was very nice and helpful and I have a very fond memory of all of them. Since its located right on Avenida Reforma, it is a strategic place for easy transportation and on Sundays you can go walking along the Avenue and have a great and colorful time. It is also very close to the airport. I would certainly go back there any time.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

My sisters and I stayed here from mid-Jan to early April while one of my sisters underwent cancer treatment. This was a difficult time for us as my sister passed away at the end of March. The staff was amazing, compassionate, and supportive. The room met our needs perfectly. There is free wifi, which is a real money-saver. Breakfast for two is included. It is close to the US Embassy, in a very safe part of the city. If we return to Guatemala City, I will definitely come back and stay here.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

The room I stayed in had a kitchen (with dishes), living room/ dining room area, hot water in the bathroom, two queen beds, and a TV in the bedroom and living room. My bathroom also had a hair dryer and the bedroom had lots of closet space, a big dresser, and an alarm clock. It was very roomy and had a great view. The only downside was that the wireless internet only worked in a certain part of the living room for me and other guests seemed to have to come down to the lobby to use theirs. But since there was a business center with computers and a printer, it was not a problem. The breakfast was included and all of the other dishes I tried there were tasty as well. The small gym has weights and basic cardio machines. Some of the cardio machines were a bit squeaky, but there are plenty of weights to keep you busy. The laundry service is quite pricy and probably only worth it for delicate items like suits, but I ended up washing my casual items by hand. I was also able to save some money my keeping some basic groceries on hand. I often caught taxies right out in front of the hotel in the mornings without any problems. I was here for a month, so I got to know the hotel pretty well. I would recommend it to anyone who needs to stay in the area for an extended period of time.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2007

The suites are more like an apartment. The suite we stayed in had a kitchen, large bathroom with shower (no bath tub), living room, dressing area, and bedroom with two full size beds and a balcony. There was a television in both the living room and bedroom. The hotel restaurant is for use by hotel guests only. The staff was very friendly. The hotel is very clean. The food was good. I think overall it's a great value. Our suite included pick up/drop off at the airport and daily breakfast. This hotel is NOT like a Marriott or Hilton. It's a local hotel. It does not have a pool or any other "entertainment." There is a small work out room, but we didn't use it. There is a small bar in the (small) restaurant. There is a shopping center with a Burger King within blocks of this hotel.

• Liked — Having an apartment instead of just a basic hotel room.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2006

I am staying at the Suites Reforma Apart Hotel for a couple of weeks. Suites Reforma is at a great location in Zona Viva, very clean and I have a complete kitchen and huge bathroom. The staff could not be nicer or friendlier- The are willing to help me with anything I need and are constantly asking if I do need anything and how things are -yet the staff is discreet. The private restaurant has a somewhat small menu but everything I ordered was very good (they do have room service for a small fee extra). Breakfast is included. While this property does not have a pool and lacks some of the amenities that a fancier hotel may offer (that I really don't want to pay for or need during my stay). There is no air conditioner, but that did not matter as the suite stayed a perfect temperature - I highly recommend the Suites Reforma for safety, a large one bedroom suite and a very comfortable bed.

• Liked — Large Suite and comfortable bed
  • Tips/Secrets — check out there web site
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Suites Reforma Apart Hotel? Share your experiences!