I don't know why this hotel is not the #1 or at least in the top 5 of the tripadvisor list.
When I was looking for a hotel to stay in Guatemala City I used, tripadvisor and 2 traveling books-guides reviews in my search...Frommer's has this hotel as its favorite, so I booked it.
I stayed for 4 nights, from Jan. 12 to Jan. 16, 2011.......The InterContinental web-site has great offers, I got the one of advance purchase none refundable.
My 1 king bed deluxe room was on the 15th floor, so I had access to the executive/club lounge w/ complementary breakfast every morning, coffee/tea all day and happy hour w/ wine, some drinks and hors d'oeuvres every night........in this same place there is always some one available ready to help you w/ any work you need (free internet too), also you can do your check-out.
My room was very confortable and for a hotel that is 10 yrs it doesn't look that old...very clean, modern, perfect.
This hotel is great for business travelers.....rooms w/ big desks, internet conection, nice siting area, panoramic view, very quite, big LCD tv....and the best exellents beds (watch-out Westin hotels).
I didn't take any photos of the rooms because they look the same as you can see them in the web-site page of the hotel.... last but not least meeting rooms big space.
For leisure travelers this hotel can't be better, located it in zona 10 the best area in the city......thanks to Cindy one of the two very profecionals concierge, whom gave me the info about the area, I went around and had a great time......4 nights is too long for a city that has its limitations, then is when you need a good concierge like Cindy. The hotel is walking distance from some shoping areas ....Fontabella its the near one ...very nice colonial style open mall; mostly restaurants and bars very vey nice ask Cindy if she has some discount or special vouchers for some of the restaurants.....The Oakland Mall its also walking distance but a little far..........this place is modern big time XXI century very nice!!! a must see. The last one Proceres, is the regular small shoping mall in the inexpensive level.
I have to say that the staff from...... front desk, security, restaurant (wait staff) bar, house keeping (they found my movil phone in side the safe that I forgot when I change rooms, the next day they called me and let me know they found it ) and the cocierge, Cindy and co-worker they were great........and thanks to them I enjoyed more my long stay in Guatemala City.
One advice for the managers and supervisors ......you are also part of customers service and in good hospitality industry the acknowledge of the guests is very important .....so a hello...good-morning...or....good-evening....it is a must
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel is located at the heart of the entertainment and corporate district, at the epicenter of Guatemala's dynamic "Zona Viva". Just a few steps away from the hotel you will find the city's best restaurants, boutiques & nightlife. The Real InterContinental Guatemala offers a culinary experience with an array of gastronomic options with a bar and four restaurants that will indulge your senses. The Market, our new casual restaurant, features a show kitchen where you can choose from a variety of fresh ingredients and build your own dishes such as salads, pastas, burgers, sandwiches and more. Picasso Stone Flame Oven serves pizzas as well as Mediterranean dishes with lively flavors. Tanoshii Sushi Bar offers genuine Japanese cuisine in a contemporary intimate atmosphere. Saint Honore Patisserie is renowned for some of the city's finest pastries. Our new Maya Lounge is the perfect place to unwind, enjoy live music and tailor-made cocktails. Guests can relax in our renovated spa or exercise at our updated fitness center in its new location overlooking the heated pool and views of the city. Our 239 rooms are designed to fulfill the needs of today's global traveler; with the fastest internet connection (100MB), soundproof windows, bedding with 300 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets, LCD TVs, alarm clock with iPod connection, wireless telephone and more. Real InterContinental Guatemala is just 2.5 Miles away from La Aurora International Airport and the Spanish colonial town of Antigua Guatemala is 25 miles away from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, IHG and Orbitz so you can book your Real InterContinental Guatemala reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Real Intercontinental Guatemala Hotel Guatemala City
- Intercontinental Guatemala City
- Real Intercontinental Guatemala City
- Real InterContinental Guatemala Guatemala City