“Best hotel for business & leisure; excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Real InterContinental Guatemala

You added Real InterContinental Guatemala to your Saves list
Real InterContinental Guatemala
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   14 Calle 2-51 Zona 10 | Guatemala City, Central America, Guatemala City 01010, Guatemala   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 48 Hotels in Guatemala City
New York City, New York
“Best hotel for business & leisure; excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

I don't know why this hotel is not the #1 or at least in the top 5 of the tripadvisor list.

When I was looking for a hotel to stay in Guatemala City I used, tripadvisor and 2 traveling books-guides reviews in my search...Frommer's has this hotel as its favorite, so I booked it.

I stayed for 4 nights, from Jan. 12 to Jan. 16, 2011.......The InterContinental web-site has great offers, I got the one of advance purchase none refundable.
My 1 king bed deluxe room was on the 15th floor, so I had access to the executive/club lounge w/ complementary breakfast every morning, coffee/tea all day and happy hour w/ wine, some drinks and hors d'oeuvres every night........in this same place there is always some one available ready to help you w/ any work you need (free internet too), also you can do your check-out.
My room was very confortable and for a hotel that is 10 yrs it doesn't look that old...very clean, modern, perfect.
This hotel is great for business travelers.....rooms w/ big desks, internet conection, nice siting area, panoramic view, very quite, big LCD tv....and the best exellents beds (watch-out Westin hotels).
I didn't take any photos of the rooms because they look the same as you can see them in the web-site page of the hotel.... last but not least meeting rooms big space.

For leisure travelers this hotel can't be better, located it in zona 10 the best area in the city......thanks to Cindy one of the two very profecionals concierge, whom gave me the info about the area, I went around and had a great time......4 nights is too long for a city that has its limitations, then is when you need a good concierge like Cindy. The hotel is walking distance from some shoping areas ....Fontabella its the near one ...very nice colonial style open mall; mostly restaurants and bars very vey nice ask Cindy if she has some discount or special vouchers for some of the restaurants.....The Oakland Mall its also walking distance but a little far..........this place is modern big time XXI century very nice!!! a must see. The last one Proceres, is the regular small shoping mall in the inexpensive level.
I have to say that the staff from...... front desk, security, restaurant (wait staff) bar, house keeping (they found my movil phone in side the safe that I forgot when I change rooms, the next day they called me and let me know they found it ) and the cocierge, Cindy and co-worker they were great........and thanks to them I enjoyed more my long stay in Guatemala City.
One advice for the managers and supervisors ......you are also part of customers service and in good hospitality industry the acknowledge of the guests is very important .....so a hello...good-morning...or....good-evening....it is a must

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Petrusguate, Manager at Real InterContinental Guatemala, responded to this review, January 20, 2011
Thank you for taking the time of writing this nice review of our hotel. It always for us very pleasant to receive such comments which help us to keep our high service standard.
Looking forward of welcoming again in Guatemala City
Pierre Berthier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

Guatemala City is growing and optimal place for business travelers. There are so many great places to see in Guatemala, but speaking specifically about the Intercontinental, it is an amazing hotel with:
-incredible service
-clean rooms
-awesome food choices
-inviting atmosphere
-easy money exchange process (ATM or front desk)
-great water pressure
-comfortable beds
-worth every penny!!!
-wifi is reasonable priced and is very fast
-right next to a mall (to pick up a Guatemala SIM card)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Petrusguate, General Manager at Real InterContinental Guatemala, responded to this review, January 20, 2011
Thank you for taking the time of writing this pleasant comment regarding our hotel. Our satisfaction help us to stay motivated and keep our hight standard of service.
San Jose, Costa Rica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010

I frequent this hotel at least monthly. It is a hit or miss experience but well, there isn't much choice in Guatemala.

Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for using our hotel frequently. Please let us know what would you like or desire in order to make your stay more pleasant in our city.
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2010

For the price we booked our room for, we weren't expecting the quality of service or comfort we received. The rooms were grandiose, the bathrooms spacious and clean, and the staff were very helpful in assisting us. If most hotel concierge leveled the excellence of their staff, I'm certain there would not be another unhappy customer in the world. The beds enveloped my body and it was such an ambient atmosphere to relax in. There is no doubt in my mind that I would book with them if I ever return to Guatmela!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Tegucigapla
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

This hotel is what you would expect of a large chain, but the personalize dservice went above and beyond. The staff helped us find places we wanted to go , pick restauarnts, and get around the city. When our car battery died, the staff tried to jump our battery, then took us to a store to buy a new one and installed it. WIthout their help, during Semana Santa, we would have been stuck. THe rooms had wonderful linens and amenities and the breakfast was one of the best I have ever had in a hotel!! Kudos to this fantastic hotel!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Mexico City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2009

Noisy! I was on a very busy business trip. Outside my room, people partied to the wee hours. Planes began taking off before dawn. The security is excellent. The restaurants are good. The shower is lukewarm. But worse, after two nights in Guatemala City's expensive InterContinental, I was exhausted. I told a waitress my room number and she rolled her eyes. That's a noisy room, she said. The rooms over the pool are very quiet, she said. I'm going back to my old haunt, the Camino Real.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
denver, colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2009

Pool too small for swimming laps--only 16 m.

Front desk at check-out made 3 separate mistakes that would've cost me $75 if i had not checked EACH item!

Restaurant will wake you up with a knock on the door to sign their room authorization forms!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends