We moved from the poor Vista Real Hotel in Guatemala City to the Intercontinental, which for a start is in a good central location in Guatemala City. Prepare yourselves for gridlocked traffic at times in the centre of Guatemala City. The Intercontinental has good friendly and responsive staff, well equipped hotel with dozens of bars and restaurants nearby
The room service food was particularly good, quick and prompt. Hotel is secure and rooms comfortable and reasonably spacious. Not much of a view but it is not a scenic resort style place. Laundry delivered right on time, no nonsense.
Some negatives air conditioning did not work despite 3 engineer visits. I could live with this - an alternate room was offered. May be more problematic at certain times of year.
The hotel was undergoing renovations while we were there, not ideal but no early or late noise and this issue did not detract much
Intercontinental may lack "local boutique charm" but it is a good big brand hotel, well run and well situated. The usual suspects trying to sell flutes and trinkets right outside the door of the hotel (who wants to buy a flute in the street anyway?) but this was no issue and you can come and go and depart and arrive unhindered.
If you are staying in the city and want a decent hotel the Intercontinental is good. Prices are on the high side but not ridiculous
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel is located at the heart of the entertainment and corporate district, at the epicenter of Guatemala's dynamic "Zona Viva". Just a few steps away from the hotel you will find the city's best restaurants, boutiques & nightlife. The Real InterContinental Guatemala offers a culinary experience with an array of gastronomic options with a bar and four restaurants that will indulge your senses. The Market, our new casual restaurant, features a show kitchen where you can choose from a variety of fresh ingredients and build your own dishes such as salads, pastas, burgers, sandwiches and more. Picasso Stone Flame Oven serves pizzas as well as Mediterranean dishes with lively flavors. Tanoshii Sushi Bar offers genuine Japanese cuisine in a contemporary intimate atmosphere. Saint Honore Patisserie is renowned for some of the city's finest pastries. Our new Maya Lounge is the perfect place to unwind, enjoy live music and tailor-made cocktails. Guests can relax in our renovated spa or exercise at our updated fitness center in its new location overlooking the heated pool and views of the city. Our 239 rooms are designed to fulfill the needs of today's global traveler; with the fastest internet connection (30MB), soundproof windows, bedding with 300 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets, LCD TVs, alarm clock with iPod connection, wireless telephone and more. Real InterContinental Guatemala is just 2.5 Miles away from La Aurora International Airport and the Spanish colonial town of Antigua Guatemala is 25 miles away from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Otel, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Real InterContinental Guatemala reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Real Intercontinental Guatemala Hotel Guatemala City
- Intercontinental Guatemala City
- Real Intercontinental Guatemala City
- Real InterContinental Guatemala Guatemala City