“Preferred Excecutive Hotel in Guatemala” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Real InterContinental Guatemala

You added Real InterContinental Guatemala to your Saves list
Real InterContinental Guatemala
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   14 Calle 2-51 Zona 10 | Guatemala City, Central America, Guatemala City 01010, Guatemala   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 47 Hotels in Guatemala City
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Preferred Excecutive Hotel in Guatemala”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

For business purposes, this hotel is ready to cover all of your needs.
Well located, it has the standard commodities that business travelers come to expect.
My stay was pleasant and I will book again on my next visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Evelyn O, Public Relations Manager at Real InterContinental Guatemala, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Appreciated Mr. Christian R, on behalf of the staff of Real InterContinental Guatemala Hotel, you have posted invaluable comments of our prefered location in Guatemala City. Your comments are an excellent motivating words.
Mr. Christina R., I appreciate your comments and I am at your disposition,

Best Regards,
Quality Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed at Real Inter-Continental mid October 2013. Hotel is very nice, typical InterContinental; modern, clean, friendly. My room was upgraded since I am an IHG Ambassador which provided me with complimentary fruit and additional bottles of water in my room. View was of the pool which was not very exciting, but from what I was told all the views were mediocre.

Hotel staff were exceptional! Most staff were very informative, polite and friendly. Specifically Ruth at the concierge desk and Omar who is part of the Banquet services.

Breakfast at the Picasso was okay, typical hotel feast, but was good.

Tours - Martin Tours located in the hotel was great. I would HIGHLY recommend Wilmer for a tour to Antigua. His English is great and he is very knowledgeable. Made for an unforgettable trip.

Overall, Real InterContinental was a great hotel and I would stay here if given the opportunity.

Room Tip: Request the hotel's taxi, rate is US$8.00 from airport to hotel but you need to reserve prior to...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Evelyn O, Public Relations Manager at Real InterContinental Guatemala, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Mr. KMALS thank you very much for you great comments recently posted on TripAdvisor they encourage us to give always an even more and better service. Our friendly and well trained staff will feel motivated when they read your motivating words. It is nice to read that we did good in the way we treat you as an Ambassador Member.
Thank you again Mr. KMALS, all of our staff and their best attitude will be at your disposition if you honor us with your visit in a near future.

Best regards

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

My first trip to Guatemala and I was both impressed and intrigued. The hotel is right in the zona 10 area which according to my business partners in the country is very very safe. We walked around at night and felt very secure and safe even after 10 PM.
There are plenty of very good restaurants that are walking distance, plenty of shops (a bit high priced but you can bargin for sure) and interesting sites.
Our room was nicely appointed, very clean and even had great American TV channels as we wanted to see baseball and football. The only thing that was sub standard was the whole shower deal. low water pressure and the drain was horrible.
Staff was very helpful and offered many suggestions on where to eat and great can't miss sights to see.
I was there for work but my friend who went with me was able to enjoy the pool which was very nice and the workout room while small was in good shape and had all the basics.
I did not get to try any of the restaurants in this location but they looked nice. So overall I would say it was a very good choice and super cheap for this level of hotel. We paid $170 per night for a beautiful King with free wifi (signal was a bit weak in some places but not bad).
At the end of the day I would chose this place again without any hesitation.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor as you can see the city and views of the mountains that are all around. I would...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Evelyn O, Public Relations Manager at Real InterContinental Guatemala, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Mr. RFAD thank you very much for your motivating comments recently posted on TripdAdvisor, about our excellent location, surrounding areas and other excellent services and facilities. Your comments make us feel proud.
Regarding the water pressure in our room shower, I gladly inform you we are working very hard in the replacement of our plumbing system. We are also in a constant checking of our drainage system in order to guarantee you to have very relaxing shower moments.

We will feel very proud during your next visit to serve you with the highest level of service.

Best regards from Hotel Real Intercontinental Guatemala

San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The service was good. Small issues with the room were dealt with efficiently and well. Spacious. We had a multi-day meeting there and the team did a fine job with set up and all of our requests. The food is good as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Evelyn O, Public Relations Manager at Real InterContinental Guatemala, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear kiwi400, It is a real pleasure for all the staff to receive your recent comments, they encourage us to serve even better, we are glad that we met your expectations during the days of your meetings. We also feel satisfied of your food experience, this will motivate our kitchen staff.

We will be honored if you visit us again in a near future, we will treat you with the highest quality of service.
Anything you need, I will be glad to assist you.

Quality Manger
Weston, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Very friendly staff, great location, with very good options to eat in house. Across the street you'll find a couple of clubs for a drink after work, with customers or leisure. The hotel also offers in room massages for a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: The 15th floor is where the executive lounge is located.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Evelyn O, Public Relations Manager at Real InterContinental Guatemala, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Mr. LATAM_TIPS , Thank you very much for your recent comments, they motivate us to work even harder to get a higher level of service. Our privileged location and excellent service of our staff will wait for you.

Will be an honor to receive you in your next visit to our hotel Guatemala City.

Best Regards,

Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Perfect for couples or business travel. This chic hotel has great rooms in a very safe and convenient area in Guatemala City. Lots of nice local eateries are within walking distance. The concierge is extremely helpful and able to assist English speaks with ease. The lounge features live music and great Guatemalan beers and libations.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Evelyn O, Public Relations Manager at Real InterContinental Guatemala, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Mr. Ginger G, thank you very much for your recent comments, we appreciate those, they encourage us to improve even more our facilities and service quality. Thank you for staying with us, for our multiligual staff will be a privilege to assist you again in your next visit to our Hotel Real InterContinental Guatemala.

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night in July, 2013. The hotel is located in the hotel zone of Guatemala city - it is relatively safe to walk around as there are several hotels located in the same area. There are other restaurants in the area that are pretty decent as well.
The hotel as seen better days in the past - the carpets are worn and everything looks dated. My room was okay but could be better. Check-in was not bad but being a Sunday, there were several groups either staying or visiting the hotel - the lobby was crowded with screaming kids almost everywhere. There is no separate line for IHG member to check in. The lifts require a card to activate going to a room - the room was very dark and dingy. The bathroom was small and the décor is dated. The carpet in the room was worn and there was a musty smell in the room. Breakfast was not included.
The staff is not very helpful - when I asked for information about touring Guatemala city I was rudely given a travel agency number (and was charged for calling them). I was told that I could use the business center as I was a Gold member - however the girl who was there was extremely unhelpful. When I told her that I was offered free internet, she seemed not to believe that and only allowed me to use one of the computers when I insisted on doing so - when I tried to print my boarding pass and the printer required a password - she was busy talking to a friend on the phone and could not be bothered to help. I had to ask for her manager to come over - which he did - before I could print what I wanted. This poor service was repeated several times over. Check-out took about 15 minutes and there were lines at the front desk. I would think twice before staying at this hotel again

Room Tip: Noisy and crowded on weekends. Long time to check-in and check-out. No breakfast included
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Evelyn O, Public Relations Manager at Real InterContinental Guatemala, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Mr. yrechnam, we really value all your comments, I apologize for all the inconveniences during your stay, since the first time you posted it in IHG webpage and now in TripAdvisor, we have taken serious actions both corrective and preventive in order to avoid future inconveniences to our guests and customers. Our personnel have been trained in service techniques and we have also established new procedures in order to give high quality service.
My apologies again for the inconveniences during your stay in our Real Intercontinental Guatemala.
I hope you stay soon again in our hotel, you will be surprised how we are improved our service quality.

Quality Manager

Been to Real InterContinental Guatemala? Share your experiences!