We stayed at HOJO Guatemala 2 years ago and it was an awesome experience. While planning this trip, i wanted a hotel closer to my husband family at zona 1. Everything i looked at was way out of our price range. Decided on hojo again. We got the family suite with 4 queen size beds. The room was kept really clean, bathroom spotless. Every day we got our rooms cleaned and the sheets were changed everyday, trust me i checked. The only 2 complaints i have about this hotel is there was no minifridge/microwave and that the elevator is way to small.
The staff is great, specially Cesar at the front desk. Helpful,courteous, friendly and a very nice gentleman. He is just the nicest!! The Restaurtant is great, everything we ate there was awesome and did not make us sick at all. We actually ate at another place way more expensive and got us all sick. Stick to Geneva at hojo. The Breakfast was great, but i got a little tired of eating the same thing for 10 days. Theres only 4 choices from the included breakfast, you want something else is extra. The hotel was clean and pretty quiet. I dont like that they still give out old type keys, instead fo the keycard. Also wish the whole hotel were smoke free. The smoke of the people 2 doors down crept in, hated the smell and couldnt do anything about it, he was actually smoking outside the room and in front of a window and still it smelled like he was doing it in our room.
The hotel is very close to the airport and the shuttle service is awesome. The driver was waiting for us and even drove us to the rental place the next day. Edgar is the main driver, this guy was awesome. The hotel is located in zona viva, the area is buzzing during day, all day, but after 7 or so it quiets down. Theres plenty of restaurants in walking distance, i recommend calling a cab, be careful. I will go back to Hojo guatemela in a heartbeat. It a good hotel for the money.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn Guatemala City Hotel Guatemala City
- Howard Johnson Inn Guatemala City Hotel
- Howard Johnson Guatemala City
- Guatemala City Howard Johnson
- Howard Johnson Inn Guatemala City
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn Guatemala City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.