“Beautiful rooms and setting” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Vista Real Guatemala

You added Hotel Vista Real Guatemala to your Saves list
Hotel Vista Real Guatemala
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Km. 9 Carretera a El Salvador, Guatemala City 01015, Guatemala (Formerly Quinta Real Guatemala)   |
Special Rate
$165 (USD)
Ranked #1 of 48 Hotels in Guatemala City
Marietta, GA
“Beautiful rooms and setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We were only here one night, and as my husband guessed, my daughter DID immediately say that she wished it was for two nights instead. We were picked up at the airport promptly. Rooms were lovely. My only gripe: when we arrived, I had no small bills for tips. Since we were in two different rooms, and we all had rolling luggage, and I didn't have money to tip, we asked to take our own bags up. The porter seemed disgusted by this, so he turned around and left with our bags still on the cart. Since he left the cart in the middle of the pathway, I had to push it out of the way, since I was standing behind it and couldn't move forward. Breakfast was fabulous, and all others in the staff were very nice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Howard G, Suites Division Director at Hotel Vista Real Guatemala, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Guest

We apologize for the inconviniences you had with one of our personnel, I really thank the chance you gave me, by talking about this situation by phone and explaining me exactly what happened, this helped us to take the corrective measures, to make sure this does not happen again.

Also I apreciate the comments about the wonderfull experience you had with all the service and the arquitecture of the hotel, as you say in your comment.

We are looking forward to see you, and I wil be pleased to say hello to you and your family

Suites División Director.
Hotel Vista Real Guatemala

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

First and foremost I've stayed here before and came back! Wonderful staff all around, great rooms, amazing beds. I traveled alone and they provide free shuttle transfer to & from airport. Wi-fi signal great throughout hotel. As a female traveling alone felt very safe walking thru property. They have amazing breakfast buffet, the menu for lunch & dinner is great. Beautiful grounds. I love this place one of the best hotels in the country! Highly recommended

Room Tip: I'm sure all the rooms are great, I had one that faced the road and NEVER did I hear any traffic...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you for making such a nice comments about our propertyl, when the hotel was built the idea was making a different concept hotel, and with your comments we can see we achieve that goal.

We can see you had a wondefull experience not only beacuse of the arquitecture of the htoel but also for the service of our personnel, this is very important to know mainly coming from a guest who had the chance to try many of our services.

I will be glad to welcome you next time you come back.

Sincerely yours.

Suites División Director
Hotel Vista Real
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

The rooms are perfect, nice and clean. The workers are friendly. Breakfast is perfect. There is a good sfeer in the hotel, you can feel yourself home. And there is good service in the hotel, but also drop and pick up at the airport.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Howard G, Suites Division Director at Hotel Vista Real Guatemala, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Guest

We really apreciate the feed back you give us about the service, and thank you for detailing your experience in the food and bevereage services, Shuttle end your overall score about the staff when providing you a carefull interaction.

I hope to see you back at the hotel and have the chance to greet you and wellcome you.

Suites Divsion Director
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

My boyfriend and I were in Guatemala in April and we stayed two nights at the Vista Real. The hotel is gorgeous, the towels plush, the beds incredibly comfortable, the bathrooms with wonderful toiletries, marble all over. When we arrived which was already late at night, we told the guy who checked us in that we were going to be taking the shuttle the next morning at 4 a.m. to go to the airport. The hotel offers free transportation to the airport. I believe that the hotel staff should write down when people are going to use the transportation service. When we came downstairs probably at 4 a.m. sharp, the van had left already. They don't have a courtesy phone call to let you know that the shuttle is leaving. So we ended up taking a taxi. My boyfriend made sure to tell the staff person at the front desk that we were going to be coming back from Tikal at about 7 p.m. the next day and that please have the shuttle pick us up at the airport to take us back to Vista Real where we would stay a second night. No one picked us up. My boyfriend called them and asked to speak to a manager so that he could file a complaint. There was no manager. The hotel staff person said he would send a taxi for us. (So where was the transporation van they use?) The taxi took a while to arrive. My cousin who lives in Guatemala City had left a package for me at the hotel. I forgot to ask for the package when we arrived so I called the front desk from my hotel room. They said they didn't have a package. I told them my name and who it was from. I never heard back from them. I thought they would make an effort to check. . I would have expected a phone call from the front desk saying, "No mam, we haven't found anything." I had to go downstairs to the front desk and they said they didn't have any record of the package in their books. I asked them to please check their room where they keep the packages. Voila. There it was. They never had a record of the package though they keep a book where people have to sign when they claim what has been left behind for their guests. Basically, this beautiful hotel needs to train its staff on excellent customer service. I must say that the gentleman that took our suitcases to our room on our second night there, had an excellent demeanor. He explained some things about the room, wore gloves, etc.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Howard G, Director General at Hotel Vista Real Guatemala, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Guest

We really apreciate the time you invested giving us your feed back about your experience at the hotel.

We apologize for the inconviniences you had at the Hotel, with the transportation service the one we provide with high standards and this time we failed with you. also the situations you had at the front desk are not Qualified to our 5 star service.

We are looking forward to welcome you back at the hotel and I would be pleased to say hello to you and your boyfriend next time you arrive to personally apologize.

Sincerely yours

Suites Division Manager
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I stayed for business but I wish I could have stay longer for fun and vacation. This is the perfect stay in every sense. The room was beautiful and bathtub amazing. Beautiful view, fantastic hotel. You feel like you are in an Arabic Palace!! The food is spectacular. The breakfast buffet and the coffee are superb. The staff is fantastic. Service was quick and very kind. I have nothing bad to say. On the Contrary it was the perfect stay for me.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
VistaRealGuatemala, Director Division Suites at Hotel Vista Real Guatemala, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Guest

Reading your comments, let us know that we are achieving our main goal in the hotel which is making a magnificent experience of service at a Hotel with a diferent architecture.

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your comments.

I hope I have a chance to meet you and thank you next time you come back.

Best Regards
Suites Division Director
Clovis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Have stayed here 6 times over the past years and every time is fantastic! Service is outstanding, food is excellent and the atmosphere is 5 stars! They have a new "Business Floor" which have not tried but if it is offering better, and more, service, it will be amazing!

Room Tip: Not sure there are any poor rooms!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
VistaRealGuatemala, Suites Division Director at Hotel Vista Real Guatemala, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Mss. Tracy

Thank you for your comments, during 17 years we have been in Guatemala´s hotel industry and your experience as a guest in the last years assures that our main goal on making the difference giving a personalized service is achieved.

We invite you to try our Business Class Floor expereince during your next stay, we are sure you will be amazed as you defined it.

Tegucigalpa, Honduras
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

i lived in this hotel for about 6 month when on project - you will find a home away from home with such a good staff and a line of culinary delight that pamper you every morning

i would suggest to tasty and feel comfort of luxury and warmth of care by Hotel staff

Room Tip: take the room at 2nd floor by the back road - you will get a personal lawn at the back and very near...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
VistaRealGuatemala, Director Division Suites at Hotel Vista Real Guatemala, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank for taking the time and give us your comments, indeed it is important for us to know that we fulfill your expectations during your long stay.

Comments like this confirm that we are going on the right way to acomplish our mission, Satisfy all of our guest.

We will make sure to extend your satisfaction experience to our personnel at the hotel, we are looking forward to see you soon.

Best regards,