The hotel is aprox. 10-15 minutes away from the airport; a complimentary shuttle to/from the International airport (GUA) is provided.
Check-in: quick and efficient; staff helpful
Elevators: extremely slow! It took up to 10 minutes to go down from the 7th floor!
Rooms: my room was facing to the back (not towards the hardrock-cafe).
The room was clean with carpeted floor (except bathroom).
A small minibar; a working desk and a table with 2 chairs.
No window to open; ventilation only by using the aircondition.
Internet: very bad.
In the evening, it connected and de-connected every moment - other users on my floor had the same problem.
Gym: small - smelling (plastic) floor - some/better ventilation should be provided.
Equipment: some treadmills, exercise bikes, free weights - basic - but all equipment was working.
No lockers to store your clothes when changing for the pool or for the gym;
I did not see anyone who took a shower before entering the pool :-( so I don´t want to know the water quality.
Breakfast: aprox. 10-12 USD; nice variety of food.
The area for breakfast is a too small (waiting time; waiters removed your plates while you´re going to the buffet again).
Location: lots of restaurants, bars are in the area.
Summary: OK - but nothing special; you probably get similar services for less money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of 'The Life Zone' next to business, financial and entertainment centers. Only 5 minutes from La Aurora International Airport. The Holiday Inn Guatemala offers 194 rooms and 10 Jr. Suites with kitchenette, all of them decorated to provide comfort and a peaceful stay to our guests. With a choice of mountain or city view, wall to wall carpeting, cable TV, safety deposit box inside the room, two telephone extensions, wireless internet, central air conditioning, radio and alarm clock, coffee maker, iron and ironing board and electronic keys. For your convenience,Holiday Inn Guatemala provides business center facilities. Seven meeting rooms and audiovisual equipment for conferences and events from 10 to 300 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Guatemala reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Guatemala Hotel Guatemala City
- Holiday Inn Guatemala City
- Guatemala City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Guatemala Guatemala City