Everything about the HI Guate aspires to N American standards - as you are entitled to expect from a chain - and just about makes it.
Convenient free shuttle to and from the airport, opulent entrance and lobby, nice restaurant and shop, ubiquitous wifi etc.
When we walked into our room we said "we're home". Three weeks on the road and some pretty indifferent hotel experiences and this was back to what we pampered N Americans expect. Spacious with room and bathroom equipped as we're used to and a lovely big bed with attractive, comfy linens. Couldn't ask for more.
There are only two negatives I would want to report on. The first is the somewhat distant and off-hand front desk staff. The shuttle drivers, porters, doormen etc were just fine but, for some reason, the front desk staff seem to have an attitude problem. Secondly, street noise. Even on a high floor we were assailed by loud music and drumming until very late. Earplugs took care of it but this aspect was unexpected in such an, otherwise, fine establishment. These two issues occasion me to downgrade "highly recommended" to merely "recommended".
One final point, I gave the hotel a 5 for value. We were on a rewards night which cost us only 10,000 points. This is exceptional value but should not reflect the monetary equivalent. Since our night was free I have no idea what rooms here normally cost and, therefore, what value for money this represents.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of 'The Life Zone' next to business, financial and entertainment centers. Only 5 minutes from La Aurora International Airport. The Holiday Inn Guatemala offers 194 rooms and 10 Jr. Suites with kitchenette, all of them decorated to provide comfort and a peaceful stay to our guests. With a choice of mountain or city view, wall to wall carpeting, cable TV, safety deposit box inside the room, two telephone extensions, wireless internet, central air conditioning, radio and alarm clock, coffee maker, iron and ironing board and electronic keys. For your convenience,Holiday Inn Guatemala provides business center facilities. Seven meeting rooms and audiovisual equipment for conferences and events from 10 to 300 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookIt.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Guatemala reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Guatemala Hotel Guatemala City
- Holiday Inn Guatemala City
- Guatemala City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Guatemala Guatemala City