I started with small errors and just got worse from there. Overall the rooms weren't that bad, but a series of errors and missteps made our 4 night stay less than enjoyable.
First, when I arrived, there was a strong petroleum type smell in the lobby and 17th floor hallway. Then, the drawers had a strong mildew smell. I called for help and housekeeping did come to clean them, but the smell of mildew lingered.
Even on the 17th floor we could hear lots of street noise, not just cars and buses, but people (laughing, shouting, whatever) throughout the day and most of the night.
After our second day there, as we went down for a very average breakfast buffet, we noticed painters getting ready to paint our floor. We hadn't received any notice. When we got back to our room, the varnishing work had begun and about half an hour later we got a call from the front desk asking if we wanted to change rooms and they would give us an upgrade.
The hotel moved our bags while we where out (with our approval) to a "Junior Suite", which we found upon our arrival to have two twin beds. Who has twin beds in a junior suite?
We asked for a change and we were moved to another room, but again, strong petroleum smell in the halls, weird stains on the bathrooms walls, smells of smoke in the bathroom.
Staff didn't really seem interested, with the exception of Sally, the front desk ranged from indifferent to rude.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of 'The Life Zone' next to business, financial and entertainment centers. Only 5 minutes from La Aurora International Airport. The Holiday Inn Guatemala offers 194 rooms and 10 Jr. Suites with kitchenette, all of them decorated to provide comfort and a peaceful stay to our guests. With a choice of mountain or city view, wall to wall carpeting, cable TV, safety deposit box inside the room, two telephone extensions, wireless internet, central air conditioning, radio and alarm clock, coffee maker, iron and ironing board and electronic keys. For your convenience,Holiday Inn Guatemala provides business center facilities. Seven meeting rooms and audiovisual equipment for conferences and events from 10 to 300 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Guatemala reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Guatemala Hotel Guatemala City
- Holiday Inn Guatemala City
- Guatemala City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Guatemala Guatemala City