VERY NEGATIVE RATING OF THIS PLACE, SPECIALLY THE NIGHT TIME MANAGER.
Me and my wife live in Central America and have used this hotel lots of times over the last 15 years. Very clean, wonderful bed and good value for the money, but HORRIBLE service, at least on this visit.
Here is what happened: me and my wife came back from eating dinner at 9:30pm and before getting ready for bed, we decided to drink some decaf coffee, but the coffee machine took 30 minutes to make half a inch of coffee and the color didn't look right. I called the front desk and asked to bring another coffee machine. They sent someone from the maintenance to try fix it for 10 minutes, and he said it was fixed, but the coffee machine did the same thing. This review is not because I got a bad coffee machine, that can happen in any hotel, as I travel extensively with my job and not everything can be perfect all the time, but is about having to call twice for that, after they finally agree to bring another coffee maker. At this point, already passed 1 hour and half minutes since trying to make coffee, and is 11:50pm and me and my wife have a plane to catch at the morning. This should not have taken 2 hours. Now is where it gets worse: I finally had the coffee maker after one hour and half and five phone calls and on the 6th call I asked them to please send another bag of decaf coffee, because the broken machine had used the only bag that was here, and we don't like to drink caffeinated coffee this late at night. During the 6th call, I was told that they couldn't bring me any decaf coffee. They provide decaf and normal coffee in all the rooms in little bags for free, so I know they wouldn't run out, so I knew he was telling me a lie. Then, I asked to speak to the night time manager directly, because at this point had already been 1 hour and 45 minutes and still no coffee and nobody seems to want to help me. They put me on hold for a few minutes, and then told me the night time manager was too busy to talk to me. I said fine, I'm coming down to talk to him, it was almost midnight by this time and was something I didn't really want to do, but I wanted to tell the manager how bad of service I had with trying to get a couple of coffee for almost two hours. I found the security guy on my way down at the front desk and asked him for the night time manager's name, and he wrote down for me. His name is Armando Urizer. I went to the front desk and asked for the manager by name and told to the receptionist what I wanted to talk to Armando about. After waiting for 10 minutes, this is late at night and the hotel wasn't busy at all, I got tired of waiting and left, and came back to the room to write this post. Again, the manager's name is Armanado Urizer.
FYI: One hour and a half into this drama, I mentioned to the receptionist to just please send me two cups of coffee decaf from room service without cost if they didn't really want to deal with it, is not what I really wanted because I wanted coffee in the morning, but I give them that option and they decline. I thought this was a high class Holiday Inn hotel with international high standards, I had a better service in much cheaper hotel. Imagine that, the manager didn't want to talk to a guest that had a problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of 'The Life Zone' next to business, financial and entertainment centers. Only 5 minutes from La Aurora International Airport. The Holiday Inn Guatemala offers 194 rooms and 10 Jr. Suites with kitchenette, all of them decorated to provide comfort and a peaceful stay to our guests. With a choice of mountain or city view, wall to wall carpeting, cable TV, safety deposit box inside the room, two telephone extensions, wireless internet, central air conditioning, radio and alarm clock, coffee maker, iron and ironing board and electronic keys. For your convenience,Holiday Inn Guatemala provides business center facilities. Seven meeting rooms and audiovisual equipment for conferences and events from 10 to 300 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Guatemala reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Guatemala Hotel Guatemala City
- Holiday Inn Guatemala City
- Guatemala City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Guatemala Guatemala City