“Crowne Plaza .. Leisure, maybe..... Business not at all.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Guatemala

You added Crowne Plaza Guatemala to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Guatemala
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Las Americas 9-08 | Zona 13, Guatemala City 01013, Guatemala   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #10 of 47 Hotels in Guatemala City
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
“Crowne Plaza .. Leisure, maybe..... Business not at all.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Best location in Guatemala city, building is old but well taken care of, front desk, room service and restaurant staff are highly motivated and focused on giving great service, they are all very kind. Hotel's personnel is their strength.
Breakfast was a large buffet, with made to order eggs, tons of fruit, different kinds of bread and cakes, typical food, excellent cofee and natural drinks, the restaurant is big and in great condition.
Rooms are clean, not big but well furnished, the TV is very old, big and outdated, air conditioning system was very loud and noisy.
Two things I didn't like at all, first the WiFi connection that was ridiculously bad and frustrating, can't think this kind of hotel still has service like this, no one would be able to work with such WiFi connection. Second is that a couple of times we found a lot of bodyguards in the parking basement, the kind of bad looking people that scares anyone.
I would think twice about returning to this place, specially on business.

• Stayed March 2014
María Joseé N, Revenue Manager at Crowne Plaza Guatemala, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear guest: Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Guatemala. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thanks for your feedback about your last experience at our hotel, it's so important for our team receive your comments. We are ready for your next stay with us and take the opportunity to greet you. We took your comments to improve new actions to satisfy your needs. It is good to know that our staff were friendly. We will make sure to work on it to give you a better service next time.

Please, don't hesitate to contact me if you need something else.

Groups and Conventions Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Since I had a very early flight departing GUA after a marvellous holiday in Antigua, I chose the Crowne Plaza.
The hotel felt faded and out of date and furniture in our room was chipped. But the proximity to the airport was very convenient and shuttle service started at 4am.
We ate at their restaurant Los Volcanoes and the food was pretty good though service was rather slow. We were also surprised to find out just after ordering that their buffet would be available in five minutes.
While it doesn't compare to other Crowne Plazas I have stayed in, it is fine for a brief sojourn. But I hate to say it but I wouldn't recommend it for a longer stay.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
María Joseé N, Revenue Manager at Crowne Plaza Guatemala, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Mr. Blair YYZ, thank you so much for your great comments, certainly our hotel is under remodeling process looking forward to be The Place to be, and become a First Class Hotel, on the other hand our staff is doing a great job in service and attention that the stress of any remodeling process does not feel. Mr. Blair YYZ, thank again for your appreciated comments. It will be a real pleasure to serve you again with new remodeled ambiences.

Thanks for choosing Crowne Plaza!

Best Regards,

Revenue Manager/
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Stayed here for a night during a business trip. The service was pretty good. I asked for a quiet room, which they have an entire floor (7th) designated as quiet area. Things smelled: elevators, carpets, etc. The WiFi did not work at all for me, neither on my computer or phone (in the room or lobby). The fitness center looks nice and big, with a good view of the airport and city. The restaurant was fine, as was my room. Overall, this hotel is nice, but it is in great need of upgrading.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, ask for the 7th floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
María Joseé N, Revenue Manager at Crowne Plaza Guatemala, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear guest: Thank you for thinking about us for your stay. We appreciate your comments because that is how we can improve our service. We are ready for your next stay with us and take the opportunity to greet you. We took your comments to improve new actions to satisfy your needs. It is good to know that you enjoyed our gym. We will make sure to work on it to give you a better service next time. For the internet issue, we will make sure to work on it to give you a better service next time.

We are working in refreshing our bedding and rooms and soon we are posting new pictures online.

If you are planning another trip to Guatemala, please let me know.

Maria Josee Navarro Portillo,
Revenue Manager/ Groups and Conventions Manager
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Stayed here for three nights during a business trip. The pros: the fitness center, which is on the top floor and overlooks the whole city (and has very decent equipment), the breakfast - included in the room rate and great choices, and the staff which was quite friendly and helpful.

The cons: rooms are relatively small, and overall hotel needs a refresh. Towels were ragged, there is no real lounge/bar to have another place to spend time outside of your room, and overall hotel had a distinct 'old hotel' smell.

Definitely more modern choices in Zone 10.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
María Joseé N, Revenue Manager at Crowne Plaza Guatemala, responded to this review, March 4, 2014

Please, don't hesitate to contact me if you need something else.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I am a Platinum member of the Intercontinental Ambassador program. I stayed in the Crowne Plaza Guatemala from February 18 to the 22. The attendant at the executive lobby was Mr. Edgar Armando Alvarez. I must commend Mr. Alvarez for his professionalism in the way he developed his job. He made me feel very appreciated and at home. Of course I will continue to stay at this hotel in my future trips to Guatemala.

Arturo Altamirano
Platinum Member No. 556-179-230
Miami, Florida USA

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Please, don't hesitate to contact me if you need something else. wWe hope see you here again!

Mexico City, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

The personal service is great but the hotel is very old and the room carpet smells as wet. I request a room change and they gave me a room with out a desk were I could work, even though it wa in the Club floor.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
María Joseé N, Revenue Manager at Crowne Plaza Guatemala, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear guest: Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Guatemala. I am pleased you did like the service staff. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thanks for your feedback about your last experience at our hotel, it's so important for our team receive your comments. We are ready for your next stay with us and take the opportunity to greet you. We took your comments to improve new actions to satisfy your needs. It is good to know that our staff were friendly. We will make sure to work on it to give you a better service next time.

Please, don't hesitate to contact me if you need something else. I'Welcome to your home, we hope see you here again!

Guatemala Department, Guatemala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

I have 3 years going to this hotel and it's really comfortable, clean and secure. All the employes are friendly, the breakfast buffet is amazing, have all kind of food. Good location nearest of mall and the "zonal viva" where you find bars and many restaurants. Very recommended. Excellent choice.

• Stayed February 2014
María Joseé N, Revenue Manager at Crowne Plaza Guatemala, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear guest: Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Guatemala. I am pleased you did like the service staff and our food. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thanks for your feedback about your last experience at our hotel, it's so important for our team receive your comments.. We appreciate your comments because that is how we can improve our service. We are ready for your next stay with us and take the opportunity to greet you. We took your comments to improve new actions to satisfy your needs. It is good to know that our staff were friendly. We will make sure to work on it to give you a better service next time.

Groups and Conventions Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza Guatemala? Share your experiences!