Spacious, good beds, clean. The bathroom needs renovation it looks old (as the whole hotel does). The water in the shower does not get very hot.
Breakfast buffet is worthy plenty of choice, good service.
Close to the airport, with free shuttle airport service. No restaurants at walking distance.
The front desk staff is a little annoying. They go into discussion with me because we wanted to pay breakfast upfront. Arguing that it is the same paying the day before as the day after, so why don’t you let me pay upfront then – if it does not matter? My experience in Crown Plaza Guatemala has learned me that it will take them at least 10 minutes during check out just charging breakfast. I asked for the price of the breakfast buffet and then they mention the price of breakfast but without taxes included. When we left we had an early flight and they promised a breakfast box which was not there the next day. I had no remote control in my room, when somebody finally came to bring one she was inspecting all my room for quite a while to see whether “it had not fallen under the bed”. To many small issues to say “this hotel is good”. Good thing, the beds are lovely.
Because of the issues mentioned above, the hotel is a little dated and the bathroom facilities (no proper shower head, no hot water, damaged bathtub) the hotel is in my opinion a little overpriced)
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Guatemala Hotel Guatemala City
- Crowne Plaza Guatemala Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Guatemala City
- Guatemala City Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Guatemala Guatemala City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up to brilliant, golden sunrises peeking over volcanic hills each morning you stay at our hotel's property in Guatemala City. The Crowne Plaza® Guatemala hotel, located in beautiful Zona 13 and just two miles from La Aurora International Airport (GUA), offers both comfort and convenience.In case you're visiting for meetings with local companies, you'll be glad to know that Copa Airlines, OEA, Solel Boneh and Ericsson are close to our hotel's location.While in Guatemala City, guests find plenty of exciting attractions nearby, including the Central Market, Civic Center and Oakland Mall. Find out more about our culture by visiting the National Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology, or take a day-trip to the charming city of Antigua. We're just minutes from "Zona Viva," too, where all the excitement happens!When you choose to stay with us in Guatemala City, our hotel provides perks like free high-speed, wireless Internet access, so you can keep in touch with the office. To help you relax, we also offer a wonderful spa with services like steambaths, saunas and massages, as well as the Crowne Plaza Sleep Advantage® Program amenity kit. Make your reservations today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Otel so you can book your Crowne Plaza Guatemala reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.