We were given a complimentary room by the airline, because our 8:00pm flight got delayed until 2:54am. It didn't actually leave until 4:00am. Shuttle service and dinner were also inclusive. The hotel was a very short trip from the airport, close to Burger King and Pollo Campero. Once we arrived at the hotel we checked in at the front desk, and everyone was extremely professional and friendly. I was impressed with the layout of the hotel. Nice bar area with giant screen tv and plenty of seats. Nice little casino with slots, black jack, poker, roulette, etc...
Very nice restaurant, with an excellent buffet and dessert selection. The food and the service by the waiters were very impressive. Walked out to checked out the pool, and wished it was day time. Very nice pool, with a gift shop and plenty of seating space. Checked out the complimentary Internet cafe. Computers were just a bit slow, but worked fine. Nice stairway with a huge mirror near the reception area. Security was dressed in black suits, with shoulder strapped assault riffles. Better than military looking security that you see everywhere else. The room was clean, and came with a bottle of water, safe, iron and ironing board. Would've liked to have had two wash cloths to go with the two towells.
The shuttle picked us up at 2:00am as promised and got us to the airport in a timely manner.
Overall, I would have to say this hotel exceeded my expectations, and would definitely recommend it to anyone that needs to be close to the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up to brilliant, golden sunrises peeking over volcanic hills each morning you stay at our hotel's property in Guatemala City. The Crowne Plaza(R) Guatemala hotel, located in beautiful Zona 13 and just two miles from La Aurora International Airport (GUA), offers both comfort and convenience.In case you're visiting for meetings with local companies, you'll be glad to know that Copa Airlines, OEA, Solel Boneh and Ericsson are close to our hotel's location.While in Guatemala City, guests find plenty of exciting attractions nearby, including the Central Market, Civic Center and Oakland Mall. Find out more about our culture by visiting the National Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology, or take a day-trip to the charming city of Antigua. We're just minutes from "Zona Viva," too, where all the excitement happens!When you choose to stay with us in Guatemala City, our hotel provides perks like free high-speed, wireless Internet access, so you can keep in touch with the office. To help you relax, we also offer a wonderful spa with services like steambaths, saunas and massages, as well as the Crowne Plaza Sleep Advantage(R) Program amenity kit. Make your reservations today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Guatemala reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Guatemala Hotel Guatemala City
- Crowne Plaza Guatemala City
- Guatemala City Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Guatemala Guatemala City