“Nice Service at front desk, Not nice service in Restaurant, Freezing Pool” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Princess

Save Saved
You added Hotel Princess to your Saves list
Hotel Princess
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13 Calle 7-65 Zona 9, Guatemala City 01009, Guatemala   |
Ranked #17 of 47 Hotels in Guatemala City
denver, Colorado
“Nice Service at front desk, Not nice service in Restaurant, Freezing Pool”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Nice Service at front desk,
Not nice service in Restaurant, (were ignored, had weird things on bill, pushed us to do buffet instead of ordering off menu)
Freezing Pool
Super nice lady (Veronica?) in Executive breakfast area.
Had executive room and it was nice.
Safe didn't work, and after a few calls they replaced it.

not the most convenient location

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
new york
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I thought the hotel was old and dark. Also, they seem to be very cheap. For example, they only give you one soap for both the shower and sink, they only give you one bottle of water no matter how many days you stay (and there's no mini bar for more).

The only reason I give it 2/5 instead of 1/5 is because of the free internet. I find that to be a big plus compared to the InterC and the Westin Camino Real

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Columbia, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is a business class hotel very close to the Zona Viva. I had a room on the top, "Imperial" floor. View wasn't great (though on clear days the volcanos were visible in the distance) since the window looked out on the parking lot. Room was standard business hotel issue (think Hilton), with a comfortable bed, very nice bathroom, flat screen TV, AC, iron and ironing board (but no mini bar). Room was also quiet, though the hotel seemed rather busy. Decoration scheme in the hotel is English country (e.g., there are Cambridge and Oxford meeting rooms), with plenty of hunting prints, etc., which is a bit odd. Courtyard Restaurant was hopping during breakfast, but not so much at other meals (and given the rather mediocre steak I had there, I can see why). Clancy's Bar just off the lobby was almost empty every time I looked in. Front desk staff were not terribly engaging, but spoke decent English and got me checked in and out without too much delay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The hotel looks better from the outside front than what we got inside !!
Had a room on second floor think it was 206. Was a very dark room since the window was located between 2 walls looking out to some mechanical equipment from the hotel.
The room was an icebox !! It had an aircon but no heater which I thought would be a combination of booth, and they came to check it. I requested another room since on the other side of the hallway the rooms had full daylight but was told all booked up. Which was a lie since i saw only 2 rooms were use next morning when I asked the maids. Very nasty to get lied by employees !! There is a sauna for 2 people and a small pool.
The hotel is on the other side of Reforma, Zona 10 where there is nothing a 10 minute walk to Zona 9 where is everything.

Room Tip: Any room on the right side to get the sun
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Cocoa Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This hotel is in a safe location. We stayed here one night because it is near the airport. After reading some of the other reviews we were pleasantly surprised overall. The room was nice and clean, had internet access, had a flat screen tv on the wall, two nice size beds which were very comfortable, and a bathroom with filtered water. The staff was friendly and helpful. There is a restaurant located inside the hotel, the breakfast was just okay. The room was very reasonably priced. We will definitely be back... we are world travelers schmidttravels.com

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Hotel Princess Guatemala City, is just an average place, with no intention to improve. Like another person note here, the people at the front desk are cold, the smile and welcome spirit is missing.I was given the room 202, when I get there, the smell of smoke was ugly, I had booked my room thru internet with a agency, and requested a non smoking room. I call front desk and ask for another room, and I move to room 301, here was no any bad smell.Overall the hotel show the effects of time, the royal conditions has faded away, the carpet on my room was the worst, showing stains all over, they need a replacement.The Chinese made iron was a complete mess dripping water from the holes, making ironing very frustrating.The writing desk is too big or the room is too small, making impossible to walk if somebody sat to write. But the worst was at the end when I checked out.On my day of arrival I did a deposit of $100.00, pending $ 291.00 including all taxes.On my second day I made another cash payment of 200,00. To my surprise, on my last day (the fourth) the front desk woman ask me for another payment of $80.00 with a paper printed with such "debt", I explain her my payment $300,00, but she insisted, she also charge me twiece for local calls, I ended paying $30.00 instead of $ 20.00 for local calls.This was my worst experience ever regarding charges.I will never stay there in another trip to Guatemala.

Room Tip: avoid rooms on the same side of the patio where special events take place, noyse from those parties...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Portland, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We returned to this wonderful hotel in Zona 9 with our extended family. Roberto the concierge remembered us which was amazing. Nearly three years later we found that Princess provides excellence and consistency in service. The rooms are well kept, food is made from scratch and the Gallos always cold. The nice thing about Princess, and why we choose to stay here, is that it is clearly the hotel and meeting space for Guatemalans and other Central Americans. They do not advertise or cater to US which is great, they do however speak English and cater to international travelers.

Princess is just across the Reforma from Zona 10, Zona Viva. So it's easy to walk to restaurants, shopping and bars.

For our family, the kids love the pool which is welcome after steamy days walking the city.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Princess? Share your experiences!